Trailer Trash

Pre funkin' Fridailies (Read 41 times)

Wandering Wally

Howdy all.  The road back from the calf strain continued last night.  5 miles and it felt pretty good.  Still doing good today so that's a good sign.

Pierogies are wonderful things.  Love 'em.  Pasties are good too, but they give me the winds something fierce.  Must be all that rutabaga.  We have a local pastie place that makes a pretty awesome chicken pastie.  One of them is enough for two people to share or to get dinner and lunch the next day for one person.

QOTD - I don't eat much before a run.  When I have eaten before a run it usually makes an emergency exit.  I like to run on empty.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

runner1304

3.3 on the sidewalks around my office. They were covered in about 1" of new snow and I noticed something interesting. When I run, my feet fall right in line. Is this true for everyone?

QOTD: I can have issues with sometimes, so I tend to stick to tried-and-true items like a peanut butter bagel.

03/23/13: Clinton Lake 10 miler

04/07/13: Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k

05/11/13: DWD Gnaw Bone 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3.3 on the sidewalks around my office. They were covered in about 1" of new snow and I noticed something interesting. When I run, my feet fall right in line. Is this true for everyone?

I don't know about everyone, but with me, it is true. I noticed it just recently, too, when running in the snow. One straight line, looks funny.

Run for fun.

Not me.  I am a little duck footed and my feet in addition to being angled are also not one behind the other when I run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Update, no brick, but a nice mostly muddy 11 miles (1200 feet up and down). It was quite flat at the end (horse path going to the school), so the pace picked up a lot (just under 7:00 pace for the last two miles):

http://app.strava.com/activities/38651025

Sandy-2

Haven't run for 3 days now.  Been taking an NSAID (like a strong Advil).  Feeling great !!!!  I will do a few mile tomorrow but then have to fly off to London for the week.  I'll be back just in time to pace at RR100.

Big news around here about the DD...

1) She received a small sponsorship this year from the folks who make Honey Stingers.

2) She was invited to represent the USA, all expenses paid, at a 100 mile horse race in Abu Dhabi.

She's on Cloud 9 !!!!!

tbd.

runtraildc

1) She received a small sponsorship this year from the folks who make Honey Stingers.

2) She was invited to represent the USA, all expenses paid, at a 100 mile horse race in Abu Dhabi.

She's on Cloud 9 !!!!!

Congrats to your DD ( and you, too)!

NorthernHarrier

She's on Cloud 9 !!!!!

Wow Slowdown, That is pretty sweet. Congrats to the both of you.