Trailer Trash

Moany Mondaily (Read 239 times)

Ultra Cowboy

I'm not sure.  I got them on the clearance rack at REI about 2 years ago.  The tag says 90% wool & 10% polyester.  I see the same ones on the rack every once in a while.  They are women's & they're pink upper & lower--I think they are called Base 2.0.  I would guess they make them for men as well.

Hey, I bought a pink Headlamp because it had the best beam.  I've often thought a merino UA cold gear top would be the ShizNits.  I'll keep an eye out for 'em...

WYBMADIITY

Save

sugnim

Hey, I bought a pink Headlamp because it had the best beam.  I've often thought a merino UA cold gear top would be the ShizNits.  I'll keep an eye out for 'em...

Weren't you just saying that mittens weren't manly enough for you to wear on a run?  It's nice to know you have a girly pink side underneath too.  Wink

Serious though, they are awesome.  I have never been cold in them.

Trail Monster

4.5 miles at 4-8% incline on the TM today.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I wear many layers to deal with the horses who are doing ok but not great , they have de-icers in their water which keep it from freezing , we feed them @50% more than usual . Not much more I can do for them . For running I wear a layer of capilene 3 , then tights and possibly old fashioned sweat pants on the bottom over all that  , capilene 3 top ,  polar fleece top , jacket , hat , gloves .  I have felt like the little kid in a Christmas Story . We have more in the forecast , a friend who lives way up north in the cold calls it "cold misery " .

Re: Picture of the Lake - there are still people stand up paddle boarding in dry suits because there is no wind it's sunny and beautiful.

Weegee

Another take on the QOTD- and the more usual scenario.  So I go to the Badger game on Sat as a guest of my running bud who is a vendor to this large company that had the suite. He doesn't know many people there and I only know a couple so you just play the social game. A middle-aged guy there starts talking about how he has recently started jogging and even went out that morning.(woo-hoo) Of course everyone is so impressed and tell him how awesome he is, my bud and I just exchange glances and then also tell him that he is great athlete, etc.  What's even funnier was my bud was wearing a shirt from a 50 miler that only I noticed.

That sounds like something that happened at Boston a couple of years back.  A bunch of runners were crowing about and comparing marathon T-shirts and were ogling some guy's Boston shirt from the 1980s, saying how it made him the coolest guy in the room.  It went on for several minutes without a single one of them noticing his silver (sub-24) Western States Buckle.

Y'all are making me feel lazy.  I'm still sore from the weekend and was just gonna drive around doing errands, but now maybe I'll actually run 'em.  Let's see how that goes…

Watoni

Got in a little over 3 miles at lunch (750 feet up and down), 8:00 overall pace, but it did not feel good. Ankle, schmankle.

Yes, it was in the low 20s at home (more or less sea level) this morning and some of the bricks still had frost on them at noon, so it is cold, but not terrible. The kids were skiing in minus temps on the weekend. I run down into the teens. Below zero it realy hurts the lungs, so perhaps some snowshoeing or skiing.

I wear a merino SS base and a capilene top (midweight) or a Rapha merino winter jersey.

Shorts and North Face windblock tights

Birdwell

As far as cold, I tried a treadmill a few weeks back when it was 5 F. It was a horrible experience. I would have gone out this morning, at -13 F had it not been for the long night. I find so long as I layer appropriately, it's not been to cold for me yet this year. I have a great tolerance for cold. It must be the fine Norwegian stock I hail from.

I look at running in ridiculously cold weather as a badge of honor. It means I am becoming a "real" runner.

runfastandie

Eat drink runwoman- that is AWESOME!!!!! I totally love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Computer geek- I'm probably in your neck of the woods because all there are here are computer geeks!

silicon valley- love of 30 high of 50. Since my only time to run is around 6am I've thrown in the towel!

Oh- and I don't go soliciting!!!! At the Y it is quite the community. Anyone anything his doing gets talked about- then the teachers will say to a 25 person spin class "And Andie just did a 50K last week" then they all go talking at their next class, and next workout then before you know it you walk down the hall and get 5 congrats!  We get pretty excited for each other!! So many crazy adventures- and I'm the youngest!  So fun to be around such an inspiring crowd.

Queen- I gave up my Brave side. I don't want to run in the cold, feel my breath or have my nose drippings freeze. Last year was the mildest winter ever and I ran the whole thing. This year, I've had more frost days than I've had my entire life in California. Warming up the car to hit the gym is now a routine.

I'm also trying to do more hard heart work. I got "lazy" doing long runs and lost the ability to do anything fast.  So- now I'm sweating 4-5 a week working my butt off- and literally hoping to work my butt off!  --ok- more like my thighs off!    Yasoos Thursday night track night starts in 2 weeks!  So I guess I'll have to give up on my new years resolution.

Did you hear about my 50K? It was a pouring painful yucky cryfest.