Trailer Trash

Sucky Run Saturday (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I didn't get out as early as I wanted and as a result the temps and humidity were climbing.  Not a trace wind to help cool things off on out 12 miles in the woods. Legs felt heavy the whole run and little hills seemed like big ones.  One of those days.  It was a mental grind to keep going when we got to an intersection that offered a shorter way back to trail head. Oh well, that which doesn't kill you...

Hope racers and pacers are doing well this weekend.  Go Sue Go!

QOTD:  I'm due for some new downloads on my Kindle, what are you reading right now?  I just started The Boys in the Boat (wnated to read it before a movie comes out).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

6.6 Road miles last night.

AT, it's only going to get hotter next few days, i'm ready for fall.

QOTD  I read old-fashioned paper books, but I just started reading John Lescroart's new book, they are legal thrillers.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice ten mile run this morning along Helena Ridge (temps were nice @ 8:00 AM this morning low 60's); the city of Helena has a free shuttle that goes to the end of the ridge (replete w/ a trailer for mtn bikes) for runners/hikers/bikers- runs three times each weekend morning (spaced about 40 minutes apart)- you can also catch the shuttle as it's dropping folks off if you decided you want to go the other way- pretty darn nice service!

qotd: picked up a book (signed) at the Beaverhead race- the Ultra Mindset by Travis Macy- he just happened to win the 100k the next day too; I told him I expected to win the race next year or I'd be asking for money back 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just got back from picking up DS's new car, a '08 Audi A4. For some reason the kid likes German made luxury cars . Not really what I would have bought at 21 but he now has a good paying job so it's his decision. Of course the dealer didn't want to trade the old one so now I'm stuck with it. So our fleet has now grown to 7 vehicles for 4 drivers .   I guess I should point out that one is only one repair away from just going to the junk yard and my pick-up is going to be out of service for several months while I do a complete frame off restoration of it. After that's done I'll trim the fleet one way or another.

Looks like I'll end up with a gentle 6-7 mile run later tonight.

AT - Thanks for yesterday's tip on checking for a stress fracture. Last evening's run went fairly well and this morning the heel is actually in better shape then yesterday so hopefully it was just a bruise or something.

QOTD: Not doing any recreational reading right now. Trying to follow the stock market and figure out how I want to invest the little amount of money I have available. Then we just got a new medical director at work who doesn't seem too keen on working well with Paramedics, so I see some fights brewing with him and therefore am brushing up on a lot of critical care reading.

NorthernHarrier

Well yeah, kind of. Did 5.5 twisty, turny, up and down miles at my favorite bike trails near here. Got stung by a wasp or something similar. 2nd day in a row. How can something so little inflict so much pain? The run was somewhat lethargic too. Mtn. biking yesterday and again tomorrow. Just scaling the runs way back for a few weeks. It is 77F, clear skies and calm winds. The lake is like glass. Life is good in the north country! About to put a boat in to go do the lake studies which I do for our lake as a volunteer for the DNR. Temp. readings, sechi disc, and water samples for phosphorus and chlorophyll. Lake looks gin clear today so the sechi readings should look good.

Good luck to Queen this wknd.!

QOTd--Still reading William Kent Kruegers series set in a fictional town in Northern Minnesota. Excellent stuff.

Watoni

Mom is visiting but I might do a pair of OLH repeats in honor of the Tour de France. Today's stage was good. I have done most of the climbs and Alpe D'Huez is a nice climb but certainly not the prettiest road. Other than that, rehab exercises and ice. Chiro said that I am functionally 1 inch shorter on my right side due to compensating these last three months for my left ankle, which would explain why my right ass muscle hurts. Anyway, still hoping for a run/walk tomorrow and a big ride next Saturday.

QOTD: Sounds geeky but probably some Nietzsche

NHLA

12 miles estatoe trail. The Cherokee used this trail to go from their Mt villages to the city of estatoe.

daydreamer audio makes great cars and owners usually take care of them.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Sounds geeky but probably some Nietzsche

Not at all.

"When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory."  Fredrich Nietzsche

DW's favorite.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."  Fredrich Nietzsche

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

Still under the weather but I should get my 7 in a little later... Spent lunchtime in Buffalo, playing some old-timey Appalachain folk songs and such with friends as part of a festival, complete with a thing referred to as a 'crankie' which I've only recently been introduced to.

Qotd: nothing new. I'm once again rereading Heinrich's 'Chasing the Antelope' and also Foer's 'Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close' which has such a special place in my heart I may never bother with the movie. I don't have a lot of books that I do this with, but in a desert island scenario I could get a lot out of these two and 'Jitterbug Perfume'

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Trudged through 7.1 miles in the heat this afternoon. Two hard interval workouts this week left me too tired to do any more.

QOTD: Reading through Sherlock Holmes, Vol 2, and rereading Lady of Avalon, a prequel to The Mists of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

There was no run for me, sucky or otherwise.  But I did get to the gym for a strength workout-- the one I've been saying I was going to do all week....  And got in some walking, a little over 3 miles total, which has helped on the stiffness.  Maybe a short run tomorrow.

qotd:  I just finished a piece of fiction by Jeanette Walls, The Silver Star.  She's an interesting writer and her book on her childhood, Glass Castles is a bit startling.  I'd highly recommend it, or pass it on to your kids if they take things for granted or express ungratitude.  I think it will go onto my son's summer reading list, come to think of it...

some call me Tim

Thanks for the recommendation! Just got myself a used copy.

qotd:  I just finished a piece of fiction by Jeanette Walls, The Silver Star.  She's an interesting writer and her book on her childhood, Glass Castles is a bit startling.  I'd highly recommend it, or pass it on to your kids if they take things for granted or express ungratitude.  I think it will go onto my son's summer reading list, come to think of it...

Queen of Nothing

Sue

50 miles ..11 h 35 mins....all went goood.

qotd:  the Daily Coyote true story about a girl who raises a coyote in Missoula, MT maybe Warden has heard of it.  It's ok.  I like looking at the pictures.

warden:  How cool that the city does that.

northern: umm you unemploed again?  Seems like you have a lot of free time 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄