Trailer Trash

Another Labor Pains RR and a few pictures (Read 43 times)

Occasional Runner

As with the previous years, I set out to run 50k at Labor Pains and call it a day so I could drink beer and enjoy the race from the perspective a spectator. And as with previous years, I had a blast.

You can check it out here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.ca/2013/09/2013-labor-pains-trail-run-family.html

It was great to see so many people from the forum and it sounds like they all had a great time too.

Thanks for checking it out.

Kelly

Watoni

As with the previous years, I set out to run 50k at Labor Pains and call it a day so I could drink beer and enjoy the race from the perspective a spectator. And as with previous years, I had a blast.

You can check it out here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.ca/2013/09/2013-labor-pains-trail-run-family.html

It was great to see so many people from the forum and it sounds like they all had a great time too.

Thanks for checking it out.

Kelly

So sensible of you!

I am also amazed you just bounce back after a 100 -- my feet are still peeling so I am trying to get myself to take a break

muppy

Nice to run into you there Kelly! Sounds like you and your wife had a great time, congrats on another well run race!

AT-runner

Tim

No pictures of any of the rocks!  People will start to think our PA trails are too easy. Big grin

Hey, no mention in your RR about getting a free beer before the race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

So sensible of you!

I am also amazed you just bounce back after a 100 -- my feet are still peeling so I am trying to get myself to take a break

That 100 miler was like....2 weeks ago. Ancient history! I barely remember it!

Seriously though...recovery is all about conditioning. I run 80-90 miles a week and my body has adapted. I really don't think that's ideal and I would be a much better runner if I managed my workload in a more responsible manner, but I just enjoy running. And it's important to say that I could still feel Leadville in my legs for the first 20 miles. After that, they loosened up.

RabbitChaser

That looks and sounds like a fun event! Thanks for sharing the RR & pictures.

Nice RR. I definitely want to do this next year. Should be a nice event right before my wedding!

Sandy-2

Congrats to both you and Jo on some fun running.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations to both you and Jo, sounds like each of you had a fun 50k race.

Run for fun.

Watoni

That 100 miler was like....2 weeks ago. Ancient history! I barely remember it!

Seriously though...recovery is all about conditioning. I run 80-90 miles a week and my body has adapted. I really don't think that's ideal and I would be a much better runner if I managed my workload in a more responsible manner, but I just enjoy running. And it's important to say that I could still feel Leadville in my legs for the first 20 miles. After that, they loosened up.

I think I get it now. After my 50-milers my legs were trashed and my feet were fine, this time it is the opposite. Running has felt great, so absent feet issues I could be running long.

This run in Stinson Beach Sunday was great (despite GPS disappearing somewhere on Steep Ravine):

http://www.strava.com/activities/79448190/segments/1610845756