Trailer Trash

Turkey Week Tuesdaily (Read 37 times)

sugnim

Good morning.  I have my shoes here at work and no other way to get home besides running.  I'll take the scenic route and make the 1.5 mile distance become 8 miles.

QOTD1:  Roasted root veggies.

QOTD2:  Frozen yogurt is probably my favorite sweet.  But, I'll be making a cherry pie for Thanksgiving.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I plan on running about 5 after work tonight.

John, you're going to go to the grocery store tomorrow?  That's just crazy.

QOTD1: Being a vegetarian, all I wind up eating is sides.  Mashed potatoes are my favorite.  Sweet potatoes if they don't have marshmallows.  Dead

QOTD2: Apple or pumpkin.  I am in charge of the apple pie this year...I've never made one before...help!!!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Meetin gfriends  in 30 mins for 7 miles.  I am very sore and stiff from raking and loading pine needles.

QOTD:  Stuffing

2: Cherry pir

Jon:  I also have tendiotis in the heel...mornings are hell but once I get going it warms up.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

I think I'll do five miles in the park today, but I definitely have a cold so I'm not committed.

QOTD1: Sweet potato mash with cranberry sauce

QOTD2: Pumpkin pie

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Uh oh... now what?

moonlightrunner: Along with icing, get something about three inches in diameter (rolling pin or a piece of PVC) and roll it back and forth. It is a good gently flexing tool for all the connective thingies in the bottom of the foot.

FTYC: The correct spelling of 'arrggghhhh' is 'arrggghhhh'.

runtraildc: This is the time of year the Brussels sprouts trees appear in the grocery stores. Put one out as decoration and drive all the kids crazy.

TT: Yay for baking with a daughter--is a wonderful gift.

Run Muppy: Hope you back gets better--good excuse to not help with the dishes?

AT-Runner: You are using my mother's sweet potato recipe. Superneato to have all the kids at home.

T&C... Rest is bad for you... run twice as long and twice as hard today.

mtwarden--- Two lamps? Now you can go way far away before you realize you have gone too far.

jonferg23 -- do the rolling pin thing for your foot,

LB2-- Buttermilk pie? I will go look that up... sneak on into the church pie sale just to see what happens.

NorthernHarrier -- Patience, winter is only 25 days away.

boyjame -- when the snow comes and you can hear only your breathing and the crunching of snow 'neath your feet there is new reason to stay out

Gator eye-- gjetost and really expensive crackers --- a side and a dessert

lace_up ... What kind of goats? We have seen mountain-type sheep and goats in several unexpected places the past three or four years. Most of them have been a reintroduction thing.

sugnim: dija know you can substitute white grapes for cherries and it you make them the right color it is quite likely that no one will notice...

Mandy... If we go today, we have to go back to town tomorrow. We do not go to the "big" city any more than we have to. The most challenging apple pie is a double crust. The most fun one to make is Dutch apple because you can be creative with the topping (no chili powders).

QofN -- we have been trying to figure out why the humongous crop of needles; pine, fir, or cedar, this year. Many of our trails are covered as we have never seen before.

Chnaiur -- "the park" what park?

There -- I think that catches it up. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, safe travels, and remember to give thoughts to what you are thankful for--we all have something.  Our children are all a long way away, but we are thankful they are alive and well.  We will be inside and warm while others are not.  We will eat well while others do not.  As Fall turns toward Winter I am thankful for the conversations over the year.

Thank you each and all, safe travels.

moonlightrunner

I am a little worried about the big toe stuff...but I am thinking it is tendonitis...as the other foot hurts just a bit in the same place. Since I had gastric surgery I cannot take ibuprofen... so I will ice/heat and hope it helps.

7 road miles with some snow, slop, ice, and everything else. Great fun! I guess I better decide which shoes to put some screws in for trails tomorrow. This just seems like an early start to winter.

Moonlight--bummer on the foot. Big event for you shortly so I'd suggest a no run taper. Or lots of ibuprofen.

QOTD 1--Cranberries.

QOTD 2--Any pie will do but I suppose pumpkin for tradition and yes Warden, tons of whip cream!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

lace_up ... What kind of goats? We have seen mountain-type sheep and goats in several unexpected places the past three or four years. Most of them have been a reintroduction thing.

This kind of goat, John. If I pay attention, I can see them from my yard on the cliffs above our house.

Watoni

Coming up for air after one the busiest two weeks at work ever (think 20 hour days) ...

Maybe a run before we head to Palm Desert tomorrow am to meet my family for Thanksgiving (need to research some trails).

QOTD: I normally cook and help out on Thanksgiving. Unless I can do something creative with Thanksgiving (and my sister is al about traditional food), I prefer not to be involved and could care less about the meal itself. Turkey is cut rate unless it is braised in my homemade mole sauce Wink

Occasional Runner

Maybe a run before we head to Palm Desert tomorrow am to meet my family for Thanksgiving (need to research some trails).

Palm Desert, CA.? That's close enough to Joshua Tree NP to hit a few miles. It might be an hour drive? Worth it though.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Slept through the early morning alarm, and wound up with a MLS (Medium Long Sleep) instead of the planned MLR...

QOTD:  French cut green gean cassarole

QOTD:  Rhubarb Custard pie!!

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy... If we go today, we have to go back to town tomorrow. We do not go to the "big" city any more than we have to. The most challenging apple pie is a double crust. The most fun one to make is Dutch apple because you can be creative with the topping (no chili powders).

I am doing the double crust.  Lattice at that.  I am probably doomed.

Running is dumb.

Chnaiur

John - Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I have one short loop around Stow Lake and a longer one to the ocean and back.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

sugnim: dija know you can substitute white grapes for cherries and it you make them the right color it is quite likely that no one will notice...

I've heard of substituting zucchini for apples in pie, but never grapes.  A grape pie sounds way more appealing than a zucchini pie.  I'll have to try this.  Thanks!

Snowdenrun

I did it, I ran! I even got out before I had my coffee. Insane, I know Big grin

QOTD 1: Stuffing.

QOTD: Cinnamon rolls.

Really I just love food, a lot. I love it all.

John M. you crack me up Smile

I actually forgot an essential piece of running equipment today (for women)... my sports bra. Thus I opted for some light strength training instead. I was quickly reminded me that I haven't lifted weights (seriously)  in a long time. Now my legs are sore from doing squats... so more rest will surely be in order Smile