Trailer Trash

can I ask a mtn bike question? pretty please :) (Read 54 times)

NorthernHarrier

Sweet looking ride!   Spiffy and shiny, better smear a little mud on it right away so nobody thinks you're a noob.

Now you get to spend a mini-fortune on accessories.    Helmet, gloves, computer, pump, tubes, tire levers, small tools incl. allen wrenches, rack for your car, padded bike shorts, etc.

Enjoy!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sweet looking ride!   Spiffy and shiny, better smear a little mud on it right away so nobody thinks you're a noob.

Now you get to spend a mini-fortune on accessories.    Helmet, gloves, computer, pump, tubes, tire levers, small tools incl. allen wrenches, rack for your car, padded bike shorts, etc.

Enjoy!

^ yeah you're spot on Big grin, fortunately they (REI) let me use the 20% off  coupon a couple of times over- takes a tiny bit of sting out

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

if the flat pedals don't work out, I'll definitely give the clip ins a try (one of the combo pedals posted above)

^ I had to jump on the 20% coupon @ REI as it expires today

Diamondback Axis Pro on it's way Smile

Have fun with it! Nice looking rig.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!   I picked up the bike today, had them convert it to tubeless (via a kit from Stan's), rode it around and then discovered I have maybe an inch of standover height- tops.  Probably fine for a road bike, for semi-technical, single track less than ideal.  Brought it back and had them order a Medium frame (even though my measurements- height & inseam, are solidly Large according to Diamondback???).  Turns out they (REI) doesn't have any Medium's left in their warehouse and didn't look like they'd be getting anymore soon.  The bike guy then did a search of all REI stores and found one in TX, called and confirmed they have one.  Sooo...... had to pay $50 to get it shipped to Missoula and probably won't see the bike for a week or two.

Like a kid at Christmas having to return your favorite gift! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √