Trailer Trash

Lookout Mountain 50 Mile Trail Fiasco- RR and Blame Handed Around (Read 323 times)

I'm free the weekend of White River. I don't see a registration link on the website. What's up with that?

Hmmm... seems to me they usually open up registration early in the year.  Weegee and I put on a race and we're not able to apply for a permit until Jan. 1, so perhaps it's a similar deal here.  It has never sold out however, so you should be fine if you decide to run it.  (Be sure to let us know; I'm now debating whether or not to run it since it's only 4 weeks before Cascade Crest and there's typically a CCC training run the weekend after.  I may just run my own "Ghost of White River" race!)

BenTN

Sorry about your fall and glad you're okay.

I had to do a double take and check the date when I saw the pic of your swag. I got a green shirt and teal hoodie.

The rest of the course was really nice but not as spectacular as the views on the first 22.5. There were no more places where a fall could kill you except possibly the place where they had ropes.

Occasional Runner

Okay, well, I can forgive you if you'll be at Comrades!  I think you could crush KM though...you'd love the course. 

My plan right now is to make KM100 a goal race for 2014. Sub 20 seems about right for that course. Comrades will be a great race, but too expensive to repeat every year.

Occasional Runner

Hmmm... seems to me they usually open up registration early in the year.  Weegee and I put on a race and we're not able to apply for a permit until Jan. 1, so perhaps it's a similar deal here.  It has never sold out however, so you should be fine if you decide to run it.  (Be sure to let us know; I'm now debating whether or not to run it since it's only 4 weeks before Cascade Crest and there's typically a CCC training run the weekend after.  I may just run my own "Ghost of White River" race!)

While discussing my 2013 schedule with my race manager this morning, she pointed out that WR50 is the same weekend as Speedgoat. White River will have to wait, but it's high on my list. I've NEVER run in my home state. Seems odd....

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Thanks Mike. We'll be back for Laurel Highlands again this year. I expect to see you running the 70 miler this year. 

I'm implementing the Lace_up special Couch-2-70M plan.  we'll see how it goes.   running for 18+ hours is a scary proposition.....but I'm working towards it.  

By the way, my wife says that if 18+ hours is too long to run, then I should just run faster

Occasional Runner

I'm implementing the Lace_up special Couch-2-70M plan.  we'll see how it goes.   running for 18+ hours is a scary proposition.....but I'm working towards it.  

By the way, my wife says that if 18+ hours is too long to run, then I should just run faster

Your wife is a smart woman. I try to limit myself to no more than 24 hours on my feet. I have been forced to run longer than that twice and dreaded every minute.