Trailer Trash

Slow Sundaily (Read 29 times)

moonlightrunner

Hello? Everyone out for great runs this morning?

I hope you are all out having fun runs. I am at work....hating my new job...looking forward to230 when iI get to leave.

I was so tired yesterday...iI REALLY had to force myself to go out for a run. It was so great!  p

Post holing in deep slushy snow. Just 3 miles..but I felt great after a week off due to car probes, weather probe and feeling blue. Ii will head out after work today.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

sugnim

G'mornin' trailers!  I got out for a nice 7 miles in the falling snow this morning as the sun came up.  It's always nice to see only deer tracks in the trail when you get there--such a sense of peaceful solitude.

runtraildc

Heading out the door for 6 flat miles on the chesapeake bay, once the cupcakes come out of the oven.  warm (40s) and sunny- can't ask for better weather, except for the headwind I"m anticipating.

Have a good day, trailers!

Sandy-2

A nice 6 miler this morning. 42 deg clear and calm, nice sunrise.  For cross training I just finished power washing the deck furniture, we're going up to a sunny 75 today so we're going to have a little BBQ.  We grill all year 'round no matter the weather, but we'll actually sit outside this evening.

moonlightrunner: nice getting out there, it always feels better afterward.

sugnim: sounds really nice.

runtraildc: hope you made enough cupcakes for all of us...

Have a great day everyone.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

DC: What kind of cupcakes?

Sandy: Sunny? 75? You are living the dream!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Plan on 7 on the rail trail after work. Weatherman said today was to be A beautiful and sunny day today in upper 40's. Its upper 30's, raw and dreary and winds up to 40 mph, I feel so deceived!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

I did 7 trail miles this afternoon. I was halfway through my loop before it occurred to me

why I was feeling so tired and sluggish; I had a cold for a few days and even though my

mind is ready to run my body is still catching up.

QOTD: What are people using for socks?

I've been using Drymax Trail Runners for a while but they're not really comfortable. I order

3 pairs yesterday; two Asics (trail and road) and Injinji trail.

AT-runner

Tim

DW had nice run 12 miler on the AT.  Feel so much better compared to this time a week ago.  Not much coughing anymore.  Met a very nice couple who were cleaning up the trail head.  They have a 4 mile of the section of the AT that they help keep clean and clear.  When I pulled a few wrappers out of my pack that I had picked up along the trail they were unbelievably thankful.  They acted like I had helped clear the dishes at their home.  It's really nice that someone takes such and interest in their little section.  Very nice people in deed.

DC - running ON the Chesapeake Bay .  Yes, cupcakes for all.

sugnim - always nice to make first human tracks.

moon - sorry you don't like your new job.

Sandy - now I'm jealous.  We cook out all year too, but on Thursday, I was in my ski jacket tending the grill.

Muppy - we had 30mph wind, but wasn't too bad once we got deep in the woods.

jonferg - How is you new job?

QOTD - Drymax trail.  I have winter version as well.  I don't have too much trouble with them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

I did 8 really pretty lovely miles in Golden Gate park today. The rain had stopped and the sky was blue, but there was still lots of oxygen in the air.

QOTD: I use normal dress socks. They are thin enough and give enough space in the shoe. I sometimes use compression socks. However, I can't fit my arch supporting tape underneath, so I use them much less often than I used to.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Plan on doing 6 around the hood later.

QOTD: I have 3 pairs of warm socks.  2 pairs are a heavier New Balance (made in USA) and 1 pair is  "Darn Tough".

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

DC: What kind of cupcakes?

Sandy: Sunny? 75? You are living the dream!

Chocolate Smile.  Flourless made wirh quinoa ( regular, not flour).  Turned out pretty good

4 miles for the pooch and me today.

QOTD: I have been using some Fox River socks that were bought for hiking.  I also have been using some Wigwam Merino ones.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

jonferg - How is you new job?

I don't want to jinx anything this early in the game but it's going very well. I work closely

with the CEO and Senior Management team and I haven't seen this level of integrity and

functional work environment since the Coast Guard. Good stuff! CEO is also a Boston

Marathon alumni (1981).