Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 32 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - Maybe you have a touch of SAD?  Maybe some vitamin D or some time with one of those special lights would help?  My sister gets SAD bad enough that they moved to Arizona.

Oh, and I'm sure I have a touch of SAD.  I don't know how people who live here don't.  I do take vitamin D already.  Haven't tried one of those lights yet.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

At work today for 24 hours so no running for me. But we had to take the ambulance over to the local ta-ta trot 5k to make a community appearance. I decided to walk over to the finish line to watch. It was a little different watching instead of participating. My partner for the day is a road runner and his wife was participating so that made it a little more interesting.

QOTD: No snow. I don't mind some but if I had to choose between 6 months and none, the none would win. DW and I talk about moving down to eastern TN in part because they have shorter winters then here in Pa.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

0.8 with Weston, then a quick 5.3 run with HATR in Clayton pk.  11.03 pace. (10.03 peak)  Kept up for most of it, (led for a mile or so even), but ran out of gas on a long hill and lost  'em. 35*F, and sunny.  Crested one hill into a grove of yellow trees, with a golden sunrise peeking over the hill in the crisp air. Best moment of the day, though running the banked turns on a smooth twisty downhill was a close second.

Mojo for my brother, who is running the Ghost Train 100 in NH.

QOTD:  Snow. Keeps life interesting, and makes me change up my wardrobe.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.5 miles in  a local park on paved trails, rolling hills and windy.

QOTD: no snow! I don't like cold weather in general and the snow makes for sloppy, treacherous footing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

... and the snow makes for sloppy, treacherous footing.

One word:  Screw-Shoes

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

One word:  Screw-Shoes

Two words: screw snow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

12 speedy miles in the icy-cold wind - wearing shorts and a tee. Not my best idea of the day, to make it short.

But, I set a PR on that route by 10 minutes, so the cold was good for something, at least!

Working the weekend, too here.

Sandy: Where you headed?

DD1: Sounds fun to show off the ambulance. Funny, as a runner in a race, you never consider that the EMT's might be runners, too. At least that has never crossed my mind. I know, I'm not very mindful. Black eye

Mandy: I had some bouts of SAD when I was in college. At the time, there were no high-intensity daylight lamps (nor did I know what an SAD was, or what to do, I just acted upon my gut feeling), so I just took a desk lamp, set it on my nightstand, and slept with the lamp blazing into my face all night. It helped, and to this day, I often like sleeping with a lamp shining in my face - reminds me of sunlight. Big grin

jbyram: My run today was through miles and miles of bright-colored leaves, on the trees and on the ground. It was wonderful, even though the sun disappeared at some point into the clouds (and the wind got co-o-o-older).

QOTD: Tough choice, as I like snow, just not the winter dragging out over 7 months. Maybe no snow wins for now, but that would have to go along with warm temperatures as well.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Yup, a big event tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll be lucky if I don't have a heart attack trying to up my pace into somewhere I shouldn't. Lots of pressure to be sure. Smile But it should be fun on what looks to be a gorgeous fall day. Also, don't look for any kind of truthful race recap from me as the facts just mess up a good story.

So no run for me today, just a long drive home from northern Wi. Which leads to the QOTD--If I could afford it right now I would live in N. Wi along with the long winters and they are long up there. Just let me have enough money and flexibility to take a couple trips a winter to some islands south of Florida. Just to break things up a little. The winters may be long but I wouldn't be able to live in a hot climate.

Daydreamer1

DD1: Sounds fun to show off the ambulance. Funny, as a runner in a race, you never consider that the EMT's might be runners, too. At least that has never crossed my mind. I know, I'm not very mindful. Black eye

Here in Pa very few EMTs or Paramedics are runners, bicyclists or fitness enthusiasts. Most just sit on their butts.  I have a couple of friends who have gotten into crossfit and tough mudder type races. They are the exception. Most of my coworkers are very overweight and out of shape and think I'm stupid for doing what I do. It was really odd to work with someone that I could actually discuss running and fitness with.