Trailer Trash

It's Monday (Read 31 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10 mountain miles in the heat. I was tired, and it took these old bones a mile or two before they were turning nicely and the creaking and clanking had disappeared. While the warmth and humidity were bothering me a bit in the beginning (70 deg and around 75% humidity), I was feeling fine later at 85 degrees. Go figure, but I take from this that I'll just have to start out slow in the heat, go easy, and my body will adjust. On the way back, I almost stepped on a s nake, probably a Garter Snake, but it was not black, but a reddish medium brown. Maybe this year's new fashion colors? QOTD: I think I'm setting the record here. On my 100-miler, I averaged 300-350 calories per hour. Pretty much for my 112 lbs. I did not control it during the race, just calculated it later from what I remembered having eaten: 1-2 gels per hour, add 1\2-1 cup of Gatorade, plus 1-2 cups of HEED, plus about 1 scoop of Perpetuem or Sustained Energy per hour, rounded off by food from the aid stations, like fruit or one or two potatoes every couple hours. This was the first ultra where I did not get nauseated, or have any stomach issues, and I did not experience a pronounced "low". I still felt hungry at times, but ignored it. I will definitely use the same amount of food again at ES100, and only reduce if I notice stomach issues. Strangely, on my training runs, I use very little food, often running 2-3 hours on just water and 2-3 hard candies.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Great 10 mile run on some tough trails yesterday, lots of climbing, beautiful morning.  7 on the road/rail trail this morning.

QOTD:  I'm with XT - we're supposed to count?  I'm bad at the whole energy/nutrition management thing, but I tend to stick with shorter races so I can wing it with having a good breakfast and having some energy drinks (if anything) during.

dpc3

Hung over 3 with the devil dog

Daydreamer1

SRD for me. Even if I wasn't at work I'd still be resting. My legs feel pretty beat up. Enough so that yesterday I jumped on the bike to change things up a little.  Ended up putting in about 45 miles.

QOTD: Probably take in about 250-350 a hour. Anything less then that and I seem to get my bloating.