Trailer Trash

Anyone try the new Brooks Puregrit 2's? (Read 61 times)

Chnaiur

Personally, I just took the opportunity to pick up two pairs of Puregrit 1's for $65. That's a pretty sweet deal to me. I can't imagine the 2's are worth $40 more. :-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Holden McGruyen

Personally, I just took the opportunity to pick up two pairs of Puregrit 1's for $65. That's a pretty sweet deal to me. I can't imagine the 2's are worth $40 more. :-)

I'd rather have the PG2s at full price, but if you like the PG1 then you got yourself a good deal.

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

Holden McGruyen

I'm personally getting sick of the lavish freakin colors on the latest trail shoes, whatever

happen to the days of muted gray!!

Same here.  I'm hoping these garish colorways run their course soon.  I like bold colors but not when it looks like someone ran over a circus clown.

Red shoe = yes.

Yellow shoe = yes.

Black shoe = yes.

Red, yellow, black = WTF is happening?

I'm Holden McGruyen. Would you like to join me?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

too early to tell, but my 6.5 miler they felt great- light, but cushy- this is probably the least technical loop I run- chose that one for the initial run on purpose, there is about a mile stretch of broken up asphalt (abandoned stretch of road) which I'm never fond on running- they actually felt pretty good on that stretch

as these are a 4mm drop (vs my 10mm drop Montrails)- I'm going to slowly roll them into my running- I'll alternate between the two for awhile on my shorter runs and continue my long runs w/ the Montrails until I get enough mileage w/ the Grits where I feel I'm not going to screw something up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well w/ ~ 150 miles on them I feel I can make a few comments

first I should mention I was very careful in rotating them into my lineup due to the fact the heel drop was double from what I was used to- ran w/ them a couple of times a week, then three times a week and eventually every run

the puregrits feel very light on the feet, while still providing adequate protection (minus prickly pear cactus Big grin); the feel very nimble on technical stuff- I'm guessing some of this is due to the lower heel; the dry easily, but also let a lot of dirt/dust through- I can live w/ that compromise

the most important aspect for me is that the toe box is roomy enough for my longish toes, while still hugging the heel and midfoot nicely- my Montrail Sabino Trails have a roomy toe box, but are a little loose in the heel and midfoot

the grip while nothing overly great has proved to be decent, even on wet- a complaint that the Puregrit 1's suffered

I think these will do nicely for most of my running, the exception is probably going to be tougher runs in the mountains with a lot of rock/talus- I have 2-3 races that are in this category, so I'm going to have to find a little stouter shoe- that still fits well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √