Trailer Trash

Rainy Thursdays (Read 25 times)

muppy

12.7 miles yesterday on the rail trail.

QOTD Any good or bad jokes?

Why didn't the lifeguard save the hippie?

He was too far out man!

runtraildc

Yesterday fell apart, no second run and today is off to a slow start.  Legs are feeling a bit tired so it will be an easy day.  Yoga and a couple of miles.  This rain doesn't help motivate me, either.

qotd:  I am the world's worst joke teller.   Even with the great jokes, I instantly forget them and cannot repeat to save my life.  So, to tell a joke today, I'd first have to find one on the internet.  That seems to defeat the purpose of story/joke telling, so I will just sit back and enjoy everyone else's.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 in heavy rain on the road. Nothing good to report about it. 

QOTD : A man is waking up after a long surgery, he opens his eyes and sees his wife holding his hand and says "you're beautiful", then fall back to sleep.  An hour later he wakes up agian and sees his wife and says "you're cute".  He tries to fall back to sleep but his wife shakes him and says angrily "hey,  at first I was beautiful, but now I'm only cute?" To which he says,  "sorry hon, drugs must be wearing off".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.1 in the hood last night.  Knee feels "ok".  Might get out for a real short run tonight but not sure yet.

QOTD:  What is Bruce Lee’s favorite drink? Wataaaaah!

The dyslexic devil worshiper sold his soul to Santa.

Have a great day!

BTW - AT-runner's joke wins....so far.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

headed out for 5-6 miles; funny, I'm really sore from elk hunting yesterday 

qotd:

A man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, “If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?”

“No, I had to stop drinking years ago,”the homeless man replied.

“Will you spend this on entry fees for a trail race instead of food?” the man asked.

“Are you NUTS!” replied the homeless man.”I haven’t run a race in 20 years!”

“Well”,said the man, “I’m not going to give you money. Instead, I’m going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife.”

The homeless man was astounded. “Won’t your wife be furious with you for doing that?”

The man replied, “That’s okay. It’s important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up running and drinking.”

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

I took the Lady out to Coventry Woods at lunchtime and we ran about 6.5 mile loop on a quiet grey and damp day. The morning rain was just ending as we started our run. Fun run, and things felt good. The plan is to hit the planet of fitness for some weights this evening. Trying to get 2 days/week strength training back in my routine. Heck. One would be good.

QOTD: Hijacked from a Pretzel City Sports email blast..

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult four hour, surgical procedure A young, hot student nurse appears to give him a partial sponge bath.

Nurse', he mumbles, from behind the mask 'Are my testicles black?'

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies 'I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet.'

He struggles to ask again, 'Nurse, are my testicles black?'

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, lifts up his Johnson in one hand and his testicles in the other, lifting and moving them around.

Then, she takes a close look and says, 'There's nothing wrong with them, Sir !!'

The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly, 'Thank you very much. That felt wonderful!  “

“but listen .. very, very closely..... 'A r e - m y - t e s t - r e s u l t s - back? '

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thanks for the support yesterday, folks.

I got out for a nice run in the drizzle and slippery oak leaves today after my bookkeeping gig.

I got to try out my new OR rain jacket, works great and light enough to roll up and carry.

QOTD:
                Clean:

How do you catch a unique rabbit?

- Unique up on it.

How many bodybuilders does it take to screw in a light bulb?
                     -5, one to screw it in and four to stand around yelling "You're looking good, man."

Dirty:
                Mickey Mouse visits his lawyer. His lawyer says "you can't divorce Minnie

because she's crazy." Mickey says, "I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was fucking

Goofy."

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Thanks for the support yesterday, folks.

I got out for a nice run in the drizzle and slippery oak leaves today after my bookkeeping gig.

I got to try out my new OR rain jacket, works great and light enough to roll up and carry. 

no problems man!

glad the jacket is working out thus far 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

An hour around the hood on a cold and windy evening. Better start getting used to it and do the embracing thing. I'll get right on it.

QOTD--Great jokes. Mine will not make me any friends with the ladies but it is a running theme:  What is the difference between a group of pygmy's and a girls cross country team?   The pygmy's are a bunch of cunning runts!