Trailer Trash

Saturdaily (Read 28 times)

Sandy-2

A great fall day here. No run for me because I had a company golf outing. It's nice but takes a long time, considering breakfast, golf, then lunch. Played ok, but my shoulder does remind me it is there, especially when I'm hacking away.

qotd: are there any other sports that you "regularly" do when not running?

Not really any other sports for me, I do play golf from time-to-time, but mostly company-related. I've played twice since I got here a little over a moth ago. That's a lot for me. Here's a photo I took this morning. Sure, it look nice but I still play like crap.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

I'm heading out now for a 7 mile road run, focusing on speed and leg turnover. When I get back to the house, I'm going to grab my wife and the puppy for 13 miles on the trails. It's windy this morning, which is the only kind of weather that I despise, so we'll how much fun this is.

QOTD: I just don't have time for anything except running.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Fortunately the wind has ceased here, and it's a beautiful, frosty (12 deg and frost everywhere) morning, no cloud in the sky.

Picked up DD from her sleepover, now I'm getting ready to head out onto the trails. No plan, just wing it.

Sandy: Nice picture!

Kelly: It isn't fun, you make it fun! But I'm sure you'll do just that.

QOTD: Not regularly, like running, just occasionally lots of other sports.

Run for fun.

LB2

SRD. Birthday party and rain later tonight. I had a nice little run last night.

Nice picture Sandy. When I have played golf, I usually get sidetracked by beer. I can hit a ball long and straight, though. My short game is not good. Actually, none of it is very good, but I could hit a golf ball a long way with a 2 iron.

Kelly: Don't forget to get a little bit of rest in a week or so.

FTYC: I like that cold weather.

QOTD: No competitive sports, just hunting in the spring, and I may do a little bit this fall/winter. I am very satisfied with my year of running, so I'll take a bit of a slack off in a couple of weeks.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

About to head out for some intervals. I did a last minute attempt to contact that depressed and grumpy woman that lives near me to see if she wanted to go run but no response. I tried. (heavy sigh)  I needed to wear screw shoes to go outside to get the paper this morning. Light freezing drizzle overnight so my drive to the trails should be a joy. Not sure what the trails may be like with a little packed snow and now ice over the top. More adventure.

QOTD--not really sure how to define sports vs. activities or cross training type stuff. 3 seasons I do a lot of mtn. biking and in the winter a lot of cross-country skiing. And there are all those other recreational activities I do.  But golf... I used to play off and on and a couple times a week some years, actually wasn't too bad at one time but I have not picked up my clubs since my hip injuries. I could go either way with golf I guess. Pretty damn expensive activity if you choose to get into it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Will get in 6 miles later either in the rain or on the TM.

Qotd:  Running is number one but I also mt Bike, snowboard, ski, and drink.

nice picture Sandy.... Fall is here too and my yard is beautiful right now...tried to post a picture but......

grumby get up you just missed a Norther opportunity!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 6 chilly and windy miles on the trail this morning.  Nobody around until the paved section at the end.  Explored a little bit on a section that was damaged heavily last spring in some floods.  I found the creek crossing where the parks have built a small boardwalk to the downed tree that used to span the creek and served as a 'bridge'.  This might be my run tomorrow am.

qotd:  Oh, lots of water sports-- swimming, paddling.  And then in the winter, skiing (both nordic and downhill, if there is enough snow) and snowshoeing.

Occasional Runner

This is what my dog does every time I'm leaving for a run. She insists on looking right into my eyes to beg to come along.

Daydreamer1

Worked a 24 hour shift yesterday, got home went to bed for a nap. Now I have to wake up enough to go for a run. Probably head out in a hour for 7+ miles.  I already feel slow.

QOTD: Bicycling, and some hunting and shooting. Sometimes I think about joining one of the local shooting clubs so I could get into the casual, competitive side of shooting. Probably will never occur as it's too time consuming.

jonferg67

Endless trails

7 miles of running/hiking in the back yard, temps were cold but it warmed

up to low 30°'s.

QOTD: No other sports for me, although I have been doing alot of hiking

and rock climbing since moving here.

Watoni

This is what my dog does every time I'm leaving for a run. She insists on looking right into my eyes to beg to come along.

What a gem! Heading for a short but steep run (well, hopefully running)

QOTD: cycling, skiing, some tennis

Sandy-2

Lace, that photo is hysterical, but I think mostly to people who run (or used to run in my case) with dogs.  The pure joy, desire and athleticism is all there. (By the way, I ain't talking about you...  lol.)  I imagine she is also making quite a racket.

Got up (Sunday morning) and did a rugged 18 miles.  Found a nice extension of the trail to the north that adds a few miles, but then I came back along the road and flat trail next to the river.  It makes for a good trashing of the legs, the first half is a lot of technical and ups/downs that goes over the 2000 ft 'mountain' that do the initial damage and then the second half is completely flat and I run the whole thing pushing the pace (albeit still kinda slow) but trashes whatever was left in the legs with the long sustained flat-mile running.

I actually brought my phone and took some photos today that I'll post later.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

What a great dog! I am liking the red you are wearing..and the red shoes. Great dog and a fashion statement in one photo.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k