Trailer Trash

Friday Night's Alright (Read 36 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I laid wide awake from 3 to 5:30..when the alarm went off at 6:20 I hit snooze, 6:40 snooze..so no running today.  We are heading to the coast as soon as I leave work.  Will not have internet so...I will be running 6 miles each day along the beach.

Birdwell:  Should have title the daily Trailblazer Friday.

mtwarden:  Have fun at your race this weekend.

QOTD:  See above...coast..so campfires, cribbage, beer, whiskey, reading, looking for sea life, picking up sea glass...just chillin.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Post a bug report, please. We're heading to northern MN in a few weeks, and I'm expecting it to be a bad year, even for August.  Would like to be pleasantly surprised.

QOTD--Tonight starts a week vacation up at my shack. I will be multi-tasking and cross-training. A little fishing, canoeing, biking, running, a couple long open water swims, a couple projects, etc.  I'll have to go back to work to rest, that's if I come back. One of these days that just might happen.
      AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: my boys want to go see a movie at the theater,and the daughter of a.friend has a theater/dance performance that I've been invited to to watch. And all I want to do is catch up on some sleep...  Is sleeping in the theater acceptable if my family does not notice it? (if I don't snore?) 

Never slept during a movie, but have slept during a dance recital or two.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I am really good at snoozing through such things: marching band concerts, movies, dance recitals, home owner's association meetings, ...

Good thing nobody checks my coffee mug at the entrance - this Irish cream always has a suspicious smell... 

Just kidding, though.

Run for fun.

LB2

I just ran 10 rainy miles through the woods. I'll do 20 tomorrow and another 10 on Sunday. I should get over that 200 mile mark for July. I'll actually end up averaging about 50 miles per week for the last 2 months if I can just get another good week and a half of running in with no crazy stuff happening like I had last week.

QOTD: Just some running. That is it.

LB2

LB2

Good thing nobody checks my coffee mug at the entrance - this Irish cream always has a suspicious smell... 

Just kidding, though.

That is funny. My mom is very intelligent, but she is also sort of a ding-bat. Someone turned her onto Bailey's Irish Cream for her coffee. She bought some and did not realize it had alcohol in it. She would drive to school every morning sipping on a big cup of the stuff. She was an assistant principal. Anyway, it went on for about a week before it was discovered in a conversation with a co-worker. They had a big laugh. Now she gets the non-alcoholic version.

LB2

Gator eye

Hi all, been a while sense my last check in. Me and Mr Jangles got 10 in this morning. The early morning weather has been unfrickinbelievable this last week for running, the temps are more Septemberish than July.

Moonlight- sounds like the training for sept. is going well. My calf is feeling much better so my training has been lookin up also.

QOTD: going to split a 30 mile run between a few trail and the road. If thing are feeling good I'll push it up to 35 or so. Like to follow up on Sunday with at least another 10.

moonlightrunner

Hi all, been a while sense my last check in. Me and Mr Jangles got 10 in this morning. The early morning weather has been unfrickinbelievable this last week for running, the temps are more Septemberish than July.

Moonlight- sounds like the training for sept. is going well. My calf is feeling much better so my training has been lookin up also.

QOTD: going to split a 30 mile run between a few trail and the road. If thing are feeling good I'll push it up to 35 or so. Like to follow up on Sunday with at least another 10.

Gator! We will have to see if we can meet up atWoodstock bbefore you set out on your 100. My run Buddy and I will be heading out to Pinckney for a 25 miler mid August. Let me know if you would like to meet up with us for a run. I love running out there.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Gator! We will have to see if we can meet up atWoodstock bbefore you set out on your 100. My run Buddy and I will be heading out to Pinckney for a 25 miler mid August. Let me know if you would like to meet up with us for a run. I love running out there.

sounds like fun. let me know which weekend and I'll see if I can make it. I'm doing the 50 in Marquette on the 15th so it might be a tight schedule for me.