Trailer Trash

Summer continues here on Monday!!! (Read 30 times)

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a nice 5 1/2 mile Run walk with DW. I ran almost 4 of that then met her and walked home. Ankle held up well but got sore towards the end. Enough so that it justifies my decision to not sign up for the 50k next weekend.

Just a little more on the dog situation. On this particular ride I probably seen 20-25 dogs. I live in the country and everyone has them. I like dogs and will often stop or slow down for the ones that aren't tied and come out at me.  It's extremely rare to have problems with most and I've worked with some to mellow them out. Some I really think are just coming out to cheer and coach me on, it really seems they enjoy the interaction. In the past 16 years I've probably had major problems with no more the 5-6 dogs at the most. One was a large hound of some type that easily kept up with me for over  half mile and was trying to take me down. I ended up cornered and hitting him with the bike multiple times until he left. If I had been in road bike shoes I'm not sure I could have defended myself.

This particular dog has given me problems in the past and the owner knows it. The problem is that he is a welfare slob and doesn't care. I'd rather not shoot the dog, but in the end I'm not going to end up like this poor guy. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/07/livonia_man_killed_by_dogs_whi.html  I can only imagine the sheer terror that poor man was going through while the dogs were ripping into him.

One of the problems that we are seeing more of are people getting aggressive dogs to protect their property. Mostly because they are into the drug scene.

dpc3

Still no running, I go back into the Dr week from tomorrow for what I hope to be the all clear. My knee is feeling better, not 100% but better. I still think my MCL needs some time to heal up but we shall see in a week.

Got in a short weight circuit to remind my body what its like to lift weights again.

QOTD: Weather is finally getting to be fall like here in NM. Highs in the mid to low 70's and 50's in the evenings. Green Chili Roasting season is upon us in Albuquerque.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, pretty good session Smile

I had to shoot quite a few dogs in my former job (law protecting big game from being chased by dogs), never did enjoy it, but it had to be done; if a dog was being aggressive and I thought I might get bit, sorry but the dog is going to lose that one

qotd: rainy weekend, but the rest of the week looks nice- cool highs in the upper 50's, lower 60's, lows upper 30's, low 40's- perfect running weather!!!!!!!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √