Trailer Trash

It is Monday, people (Read 28 times)

LB2

Supposed to be an SRD, but I will probably run tonight.

QOTD: What are your Thanksgiving plans and what are you most thankful for?

We will eat at my house, and then we will go to my parent's for more food later.

We had an odd church service yesterday where people got up and talked about what they were most thankful for. I am most thankful for my family, mostly my wife and three girls. I am proud of all of them.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I am excited to say...I successfully got my a&& out the door this morning to go running at 0400! I have been trying to do that for months! Hopefully...it will become a habit. Of course, it was 52 degrees an raining. It will be harder to do when it is actually winter weather.

Qotd: the good health and well being of my kids, grand kids, parents (mostly healthy). Hoping it continues. I am also very greatful everyday that I am able to run.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today for me as well.  I was sore from my pacing duties over the weekend.  My legs just don't like running on the road.

QOTD:  Heading to my brother's house in Baltimore (Joppa area).  I love my wife and kids, but right now, most thankful for my oldest sister.  We have a special relationship, maybe because we are the smartest, best looking and most humble in the family. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I had a terrible run this morning. The trails thawed out yesterday and froze overnight, leaving a sheet of ice as a running surface. There were intermittent bare spots where running was possible, but about the time I built speed, I was tiptoeing across the ice again. It's too early for spikes...Nonetheless, the pup and I managed to get 6 miles done.

moonlightrunner: Congratulations on your early AM run. It's the best time to run!

QOTD: We travel to Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving every year. In fact, that's where Jo and I got engaged back in 2003, when I first met her family over the holidays. We're looking forward to the trip.

I'm thankful for my wife and the amazing place that we decided to call home. I'm thankful for my health and the ability that I have to enjoy a sport that I love. I'm also very thankful for the great friends I've made all over the world and the people that have touched my life. And beer. I'm thankful for beer.

AT-runner

Tim

I am excited to say...I successfully got my a&& out the door this morning to go running at 0400! I have been trying to do that for months! Hopefully...it will become a habit. Of course, it was 52 degrees an raining. It will be harder to do when it is actually winter weather.

Yay!!!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice job, moonlight!  I admire you early morning runners.  I just can't do it.  It takes all my effort just to get out of bed early enough to make it to work on time.

I ran some over the weekend.  Also got out on Sunday morning for my last outdoor bike ride of the season.  I thought I could beat the rain and I didn't.  Soaking wet and pouring for the second half of my ride.  That's what I get for being a cyclist, right?  Today is a SRD for me.  We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow -- it's already coming down.  Sigh.  And I have to make a pie crust tonight.

QOTD:  I am thankful for mint chocolate M&Ms.  Oh, and I'll go over to my folk's house for Thanksgiving.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

SRD today. I got soaked yesterday myself. Started raining on me as soon as I started my run, managed to tolerate it for almost two hours but I eventually came near my car and said enough. Steady rain with the temp about 40F. The trail turned to a quagmire and damn, I was cold.

Sitting in a Subway in Tomah, Wi. right now and wondering if I'll make it back to Madison this afternoon. It is a blizzard out there (not Buffalo type but nasty anyhow).  I'll get up early tomorrow and get after it then.

QOTD-I'll get a trail run in in the very early hours and then a few members of my wife's family will be over. At least the ones coming over are OK.   There will be several pie options so I'll be tolerant for the pie.

Daydreamer1

Trying to get motivated to do something.  Worked a 24 hour shift yesterday that was busy. Sometimes busy is good, sometimes it's miserable. Yesterday was miserable for a number of reasons so I'm trying to recover from that.

DW is heading off to work for a extra shift, after she leaves I'll head out for a 7-9 mile run. All depends on how my legs feel, lately they've not been the best. Temps are in the upper 60s so I can always walk some.

QOTD: I work a 24 hour shift the day before, getting off at 8 am T-day morning. DW has to work from 3 PM to 11 PM. DS is going to a friends house and DD might as well so I may be by myself for most of the day. The whole family will be home for the weekend though.  There's a lot I could list as being thankful for.  The thing that I am most thankful for is something that is very difficult for me to explain, especially in a short post like this so I won't try, but it revolves around how I got to where I am in life.

Watoni

Trying for a ride, perhaps a run today (headed to the in-laws tomorrow).

Did some running/hiking this weekend up in Tahoe on one of the ski trails with no snow (a few runs were open with the man-made stuff, so I took a couple runs with the bride Sunday while the boys were with their coaches from last year). I have to say, trying to run even an intermediate ski slope kicked my a$$ .... I tried to mix hiking and running on Sunday after taking a few breaks running Saturday.

QOTD: We will be heading to my in-laws in MD. My mother-in-law fell and dislocated her shoulder a few weeks ago, and she has had some minor strokes so this is very worrying. I have a ton of work that will be very difficult to do from there but I need to try. I am truly thankful for family and friends, and the passion I still feel for so much in life. Health is an issue for a number of folks in our family so I am grateful for the health we do have.

LB2

QOTD: I work a 24 hour shift the day before, getting off at 8 am T-day morning. DW has to work from 3 PM to 11 PM. DS is going to a friends house and DD might as well so I may be by myself for most of the day. The whole family will be home for the weekend though.  There's a lot I could list as being thankful for.  The thing that I am most thankful for is something that is very difficult for me to explain, especially in a short post like this so I won't try, but it revolves around how I got to where I am in life.

I was thinking along the same lines, "how I got to where I am in life", but mine, too, would be too complicated to explain. But in a nutshell, it was through a series of monumental mistakes that I am so happy I made.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Dragged myself through a slow 6 miles recovery run. Hope to get out late this afternoon just before dusk for a few easy miles with strides.

QOTD: No plans for Thanksgiving other than treating myself to a good meal with wine and watching TV, a movie or football depending on what's on. Oh, and hopefully getting in a nice long run or maybe a last minute entry in one of the Turkey Trots in the area before I settle in for the day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early, then took DD to her doctor's appointment where she got her cast off. Now she only has a removable brace for her thumb, much better. Fortunately she won't need surgery, as things look now, and as the doc expected.

Now I'm cooking some cat food (our adopted stray does not yet tolerate cans or kibbles, it has to be mixed with boiled chicken), then taking the other cat to the vet to get the stitches removed, then taking DS to his guitar lesson, and DD to the library. Now if that won't keep my brain young and my mind healthy! 

Maybe a run later, it will be a "heat run" - 12 degrees with a wind chill in the minuses a few days ago, and 66 degrees now (above zero!).

Sandy: Will you be able to take your dog with you to Korea?

QOTD: Going to Rockville, MD, on Wednesday evening to host the Thanksgiving Dinner at my FIL's house, then return on Friday, as I'll have to work again early on Saturday morning. I'm happy I got the two days off work.

I am thankful for my family, and for my and their health. I don't take that for granted, and I'm aware of how fragile it is.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did not run but went jeeping with Earl after a fight with the husband....we were the only ones up there and it was very cool.. Would hVe spent the night but guessing you folks are the only ones who may worry about me   Just a joke..

I was thinking along the same lines, "how I got to where I am in life", but mine, too, would be too complicated to explain. But in a nutshell, it was through a series of monumental mistakes that I am so happy I made.

QOTD:  that things can only get better.. And I have some really good friends and family...and in reality my problems. Are small compared to what a lot of people

deal with.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Did not run but went jeeping with Earl after a fight with the husband....we were the only ones up there and it was very cool.. Would hVe spent the night but guessing you folks are the only ones who may worry about me   Just a joke..

QOTD:  that things can only get better.. And I have some really good friends and family...and in reality my problems. Are small compared to what a lot of people

deal with.

I hope things get better soon. You and Earl take good care of each other.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k