Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturdaily! (Read 33 times)

Sandy-2

For the fist time in a long while I actually slept in on a weekend.  My alarm was supposed to go off at 5:30, but I messed it up and then when I woke up a few hours later I simply decided to keep sleeping in.

No run for me today, but the DW and I did go to tye gym and I did my hour on the stairstepper (that's about 200 floors).

qotd: both the internet (here and calendars) and from firends.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Having a beer at the airport, waiting for my plane to go home.  Oh, running?  Got in 5.5 on the refuge.  Lots of loose gravel that worked the ankles and legs.  Had a bald eagle fly low, just over my head.  No talons  to the scalp, thankfully.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Evening,

Most of the stress of my weekend is over. Both me and DH had to work today, and we had DS's birthday party in the afternoon. Even though we arrived late at DS's own party (embarrassing, I know, but the store could not find the cake!!), it turned into a great event, and the kids had a lot of fun.

Oh, running, is that what we are supposed to post here? Did not happen today, at least not yet. Maybe a night run again later. Some longer miles planned after work tomorrow.

Mandy: So sorry to hear your injury is so stubborn. My guess, talking from decades of experience with injuries of all kinds, is that in a few years, it will eventually have healed up, but I am not sure if that is what you want to hear right now. Seems so long when you're young. Maybe it's a good idea to switch to mountain biking for a while, it's a great sport, and you don't have to do lots of competitive races, just do it for fun. Hiking might work, too, or cayaking (trying to come up with some attractive alternatives). Keep your head up, girl!

QOTD: Everything, flyers, advertisements, word of mouth, but mostly I use information from this forum, sometimes links from blogs or race websites to other races.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ran the Pengelly Double Dip today, while my DW ran the Single Dip- a little warmish for this time of year in Missoula, but not terrible

I was hoping to run it under 3 hours and some how I managed to make it in 2:54 Smile

I was pleasantly surprised to have a young lady introduce herself this morning from the forums-"sugnim"- said she recognized me by my mustache Big grin

qotd: internet searches and this forum! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks, Couch.  I'm not giving up yet; I'm starting to feel like there's something truly wrong with me.  I'm going to go back to sports med and demand some more tests.  In the meantime, I will continue to cycle.  So far that's the only thing that doesn't hurt.  Walking is okay for short distances, but I couldn't do a 10 mile hike without pain.

Kelly, Bloomer puts you not far from a very nice stretch of the Ice Age Trail.  You should go run on the race course for the Chippewa Moraine 50K: http://www.frontrunnerusa.com/event/chippewa-50k-and-10k-trail-run  It's beautiful up there -- very rolling hills, lakes, scenic.  Talk to Deana about trails near Eau Claire and I bet mister NorthernHarrier will know of stuff too, since he knows everything.  (I think he's in Canada on a vacation at the moment though.)

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good evening trailers,

Late start on the day, but went exploring in Ramapo Park.  It was pretty awesome...the trails were challenging and numerous, the park is huge, and it's all 30 mins from my house.  I bought a map on my way out and I was very thankful for it.  9.5 miles in 2.5 hours and it made my month already.  Might sneak back tomorrow for more exploring.

MTWarden: I was wondering what happened to sugnim

Mandy: sorry to hear it.

QOTD: I generally have a date in mind that I want to race then explore the web for options.  Maybe 6-8 races/year and a few of those are local 5k's that I have done before.

**Ask me about streaking**

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Did 18 miles on the TRT . We ran on section that is pretty popular from Tahoe Meadows to Tunnel Creek and back . We started fairly early because of the heat , it was even warm over 8,000'.

Tahoe Meadows 8.800' near Incline Village NV

Occasional Runner

Kelly, Bloomer puts you not far from a very nice stretch of the Ice Age Trail.  You should go run on the race course for the Chippewa Moraine 50K: http://www.frontrunnerusa.com/event/chippewa-50k-and-10k-trail-run  It's beautiful up there -- very rolling hills, lakes, scenic.  Talk to Deana about trails near Eau Claire and I bet mister NorthernHarrier will know of stuff too, since he knows everything.  (I think he's in Canada on a vacation at the moment though.)

Thanks Mandy!