Trailer Trash

Sweet Sundailies (Read 36 times)

Just finished up a 20 miler on the roads. Haven't done a longer run on roads in a long time and wanted to see how my body would hold up after last night's 12. Here are a few photos I snapped along the way....proving that road runs can be pretty too Wink

The place where I first began to run in 2009:

Manayunk

One reason why fall is my favorite season:

Fall

Philly skyline:

Philly

Sandy-2

Update on DD race last night.  Turns out they tried to tie at the end, but my DD was declared the winner.  She tried to give to the other person the win, but they would have no part of it.  She and the other person probably rode 90 of the 100 miles together, they were going slow, but also out front.  Anyway a low key ride and a perfect first race after her big adventure.  The weather was perfect and being out in the moonlight was magical.

I got a 10 miler in this afternoon when we got home.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wrapping up a great day here, even though a day without a run of my own.

I volunteered at the Tussey Mountainback 50M Ultramarathon and Relay, at the 40-mile aid station. It was awesome, and now that I'm a little more experienced in ultra running, I think I might have been a little more helpful to the runners as well, being able to answer their questions conveying more "useful" information, and motivating them to carry on.

My DD helped, too, and my boys gave out gels to the runners, and offered them the different foods and drinks. They loved their jobs!

And then I was more than surprised to see  -  Leon! He ran the race, too, and he was in great shape when he came through the aid station. I hope he did well on the last long climb, and the final miles!

Then I was off with the boys, while DD stayed to run the aid station for the last 20 or so ultra runners on her own (she did a great job!). The youngest DS (5) had to run a race himself, a 1/4 mile run for kids (the "Healthy Kids Running Series"). He was very excited about it, and he had a good start, but I don't know in which place he finished, because I could not get back from the start line to the finish line in time. He has claimed to have gotten the "DFL", then first place, and realistically he finished somewhere mid-pack, but I really don't know. He got a finisher's award, he was so proud. I'll have to look up the results online in a few days. They are far less important anyway than the fact that he had a blast!

Sandy: Congratulations to your DD on winning the race! If she thinks she's going "slow" and still wins the race, it tells a lot about the league she's in!

QOTD: I don't mind that the days are getting shorter, but I don't like the cooler temperatures. I like summer.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

The first picture is Manayunk, right? That's 3 blocks from my house.

Just finished up a 20 miler on the roads. Haven't done a longer run on roads in a long time and wanted to see how my body would hold up after last night's 12. Here are a few photos I snapped along the way....proving that road runs can be pretty too Wink

The place where I first began to run in 2009:

Manayunk

One reason why fall is my favorite season:

Fall

Philly skyline:

Philly

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice Philly pics, T&C!  Smile

Running is dumb.

Yep! Although I used to live on the other side, near Shurs Lane. When I lived there in 2009, I started running a few miles on the towpath, then graduated to the Wissahickon trails. Sometimes I wish I still lived out there just to be close to the park again. Now it's a 30 min. drive from South Philly thanks to city traffic, but I do love my new 'hood.

Nice Philly pics, T&C!  Smile

Thanks, Mandy!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That threw me because I'm not familiar with Manayunk, but I ran the River Drives and Forbidden Drive a lot before I move out to Chester County.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

Yep! Although I used to live on the other side, near Shurs Lane. When I lived there in 2009, I started running a few miles on the towpath, then graduated to the Wissahickon trails. Sometimes I wish I still lived out there just to be close to the park again. Now it's a 30 min. drive from South Philly thanks to city traffic, but I do love my new 'hood.

Let me know if you want to move back. I'm going to sell that house next year so I can buy a house in Colorado. I'll make you a deal! Smile

You can tell I'm serious because I never use those stupid smiley faces.

LB2

I ran 6 last night. It was good, but I don't really start feeling good until after the first 3 or 4.

QOTD: I love the change to fall even though I was extremely sick late last week.

LB2

Let me know if you want to move back. I'm going to sell that house next year so I can buy a house in Colorado. I'll make you a deal! Smile

You can tell I'm serious because I never use those stupid smiley faces.

I'd be more apt to buy a house from you in Colorado at this point. Wink Though it looks like we'll be in/around Philly for the foreseeable future (wedding, kids etc etc.)

Let me know when you're putting it on the market, I might know of a few interested buyers.