Trailer Trash

Twisted Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

NorthernHarrier

Damn, I sure like this not working thing. Another day of running in the Smokies. Did I mention that because it is the off season here I am staying in a real sweet hotel for $28.00 per night. Actually adjusted my schedule just to stay another day. It is truly a rough life.   Tomorrow I will head to Frozen Head park to spend a couple days camping and running in there. Just have to be home to run a snowshoe race in Northern Wi on Sunday.  My work could call at anytime if they have any light duty work I can do with a broken hand so my little vacation could end at anytime but until then....   So anyhow I am off to the Smoky Mountain Brew Pub right now, Tues is half-price pizza night. Had their pizza last year and it's good.

QOTD---This is funny. I guess I'd say:been there, done that, nothing special.      Now Bella is a whole nuther matter.     Actually I think an epic run this summer along the Pictured Rocks would be great. Just have to make up a good story for my wife. Hope she doesn't read this. 

Daydreamer1

Got in my normal 6.3 mile loop this evening. Legs were tired. Must have been from doing TM intervals last night.

NH -- How is running in Smokies this time of the year? I love that area.

QOTD: I was thinking about Gulfport/Biloxi Mississippi but I like the idea of Hawaii.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 tough miles w/ snowshoes (~ 1500' elevation gain, 80 minutes)- my quads, calves and glutes are bbbburning

qotd: Maui- I'll pick you up Friday morning Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Daydreamer--Steep!   I should have gotten here a few days sooner as there was no snow but now the really high stuff has too much snow for decent running. I have been working the lower stuff going up and down starting on bare trails and climbing up into the crap. Been strapping my micro-spikes to my Nathan to use as a matter of safety in places. Just a few days of running these mountains and I can already feel stronger on the climbs. Been running twice a day because of the snow up high i just can't do my big loops I had hoped for.

I have been here running in the past and I have only barely scratched the surface of what's here. A trail running paradise if you like this kind of country. Talked my wife into a vacation here again in April 2015.   I think April is ideal as you are somewhat ahead of the tourist overload and all the trails and roads would be open. Feb. is always a matter of luck and timing. I was here last Feb and was able to run on the AT on top but again had micro-spikes along.

DO NOT COME NEAR THIS PLACE COME SUMMER!  Unless of course you like grid lock and tons of people that should never be let out.