Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 32 times)

LB2

I'll do 10 on an old country road today after work.

QOTD: I got nothing.

LB2

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run in the fog and light rain.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still in pain with my pneumonia here, but slowly, things seem to be turning around. I'm not sure if the antibiotic works, I just had a slightly elevated temperature, not a high fever, so I'm not sure if it is even bacteria causing it. But I'm done taking my doses and now just waiting for it to keep working its miracle fo another coupe days. In the meantime, I' working on reviewing my training plan and regrouping, and focusing on getting a lot of rest. Enjoy the nice day, guys!

Run for fun.

Gator eye

4 in the rain and the mud, wishin I would of put on my gaiters this morning. I had a sandy, muddy mess in my shoes this morning.

QOTD: Do you ever gather things to eat on your runs?

I got a nice mess of morels and pick some asparagus yesterday on a afternoon walk.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning all,

I did a nice 6 miler this morning, had to take it kinda slow as I acclimate to the heat. Time

to start watching the dew point.

QOTD: I stop for berries, any kind will do, but I stay longer for raspberries.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I stop for berries, too: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, teaberries. In Austria, I would stop for wild strawberries, these little, very tasty ones like in this picture: http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/11884194 but I have never seen them in America (only the very similar looking decorative ones, which don't have any taste).

Run for fun.

QOTD:  Mostly berries, but I'd gather other things if I found them.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a nice 5.4 this morning with Earl.  When I hit the turn around loop I ran the opposite direction from what I usually do...CRAZY!!!  I've been in So Cal the last few days and even though I ran in the hills with an ocean view and walked along the beach I am glad to be back in the woods.  While in SoCal the membranes in my nose were swollen and creating lost of hard boogers (TMI?)...this morning I could breath.  I think the air was pretty bad down there.

QOTD:  Blackberries.  I would stop for any berrires but we only have blackberries.

Couch:  Those wild straweberries exist in Northern Michigan and they are yummy.  Glad you are filling better.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

QOTD: Blackberries or dewberries, but I saw some huckleberries yesterday. I didn't stop though. I may Saturday when i run that route again.

LB2

Chnaiur

Still in pain with my pneumonia here, but slowly, things seem to be turning around. I'm not sure if the antibiotic works, I just had a slightly elevated temperature, not a high fever, so I'm not sure if it is even bacteria causing it. But I'm done taking my doses and now just waiting for it to keep working its miracle fo another coupe days. In the meantime, I' working on reviewing my training plan and regrouping, and focusing on getting a lot of rest. Enjoy the nice day, guys!

That sucks, sorry to hear you got sick. I had a lung thing in March, and although the doctor asserted it was a virus, the antibiotics really helped. I'm still on 3x day asthma spray though.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Chnaiur

Did a slow 8 miles in the heat. I resigned from my job last week, and have another 10 days before I start again. I've fallen into a very relaxed rhythm: drop kids in school, check email for an hour, work out, lunch, nap, and all of a sudden it is 4 pm. Time to run some errands before dinner and kids' bedtime.

It feels like I'm in reset-after-baby-years-camp. Delightful.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did a slow 8 miles in the heat. I resigned from my job last week, and have another 10 days before I start again. I've fallen into a very relaxed rhythm: drop kids in school, check email for an hour, work out, lunch, nap, and all of a sudden it is 4 pm. Time to run some errands before dinner and kids' bedtime.

It feels like I'm in reset-after-baby-years-camp. Delightful.

Congratulations...too bad you can't stay home and let the wifey support you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Yes I am still around, mostly lurking though. Trying to get my running and mtn. biking in whenever the weather cooperates which hasn't been often. Did some speedwork yesterday early A.M. and then hit it on the mt. bike after work at Mirror Lake state park (for Mandy's reference). I get slower by the day.

LB--Did you move to the western mountains? Wild huckleberries? In Louisiana? Not sure if that is possible.

Couch--Just like Queen in N. Michigan, I have those tiny wild strawberries growing on my long driveway at my cabin in N. Wisconsin. The critters get after them in short order but I get a few. I have a very long and hilly grassy type drive. Right now it is flooded over near my gate and since the ice just broke a few days ago I almost passed out from hypothermia in the time it took to unlock and open that thing while standing knee deep in freezing water.

Trail Tromper-- Need to hear about this new bike and how you like it.

QOTD--Pretty much just berries, not much into the fungus stuff. Wild apples are kind of fun too.

Watoni

Did a decent five miles on the horse trails before work so I would be close to home. Had a few decent little bumps and ran decently despite telling myself not to push (just under 7:00 min/mile pace).

QOTD: Berries. I was eying the raspberry bushes that still have a ways to go