Trailer Trash

Amasa 15.5 Mile Trail RR (Read 40 times)

Occasional Runner

Jo and I ran this race in Moab today and pretty well made a mess of it. I had high hopes for a big finish, but settled for 3rd Male Overall. We had a lot of fun though and we love running in Moab.

I find it's easier to interject a little humor in my reports for these shorter races. Maybe because I'm not so damn tired.

You can check it out here...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/04/amasa-155-mile-trail-race-more-fun-in.html

Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Snowdenrun

What's that saying? Not all who wander are lost. I frequently wander on runs, then look around and realize I am lost.

Nice job finishing well even though you "wandered".

jonferg67

Endless trails

Sounds like a cool race despite the wandering. That downhill section looks gnarly, and

then to run on that loose, ankle-twisting sand.

Thanks for feedback on the handheld, I was curious. 

moonlightrunner

Looks like a fun race...despite being lost.  It is beautiful out there...what were the temps like there?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Looks like a fun race...despite being lost.  It is beautiful out there...what were the temps like there?

It was about 50 at the start and rose to 70ish during the middle of the day. It felt warm in some really exposed sections, but it was pretty nice for the most part.

Low_O2

Looks like a fun day wandering around Moab! Thanks for the entertaining RR. Congrats to you and Jo on the awards! I'm hoping to make it out for the Moab trail marathon this fall, but not sure if it will work out this year.

muppy

Looks like an awesome place to run, congrats to you and Jo both!

Occasional Runner

Looks like an awesome place to run, congrats to you and Jo both!

Running in Moab is really tough to beat!

Watoni

Looks like a tough run! Those technical sections are formidable ...

For you, however, par for the course (to use the most inapposite metaphor possible)

Occasional Runner

Looks like a tough run! Those technical sections are formidable ...

For you, however, par for the course (to use the most inapposite metaphor possible)

Thanks for checking it out. It's never easy to tackle these races. Sometimes I wish RD's would have some sympathy on us and let us just enjoy a leisurely run. That doesn't happen often enough.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

great report!  congrats to you and your DW- neat little "trophies" they give out Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, and to Jo, too! What a weekend to bring home all those awards and medals.

Your sense of direction and determination to continue on in a race almost beats mine... Wink

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You got lost (or "wandered"), added some miles, still came in third, Jo came in 3rd for her group.  Sounds like a winner of a day all around.

"but then I remembered I'm a trail runner and we don't whine about an extra mile here or there. "

Good luck next week!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

You got lost (or "wandered"), added some miles, still came in third, Jo came in 3rd for her group.  Sounds like a winner of a day all around.

"but then I remembered I'm a trail runner and we don't whine about an extra mile here or there. "

Good luck next week!

It was a really small race. I could have taken a nap and still cracked the top 10.