Trailer Trash

Miscellaneous Mondaily (Read 49 times)

Watoni

Work scheduled a rest day ...

QOTD: I try to check weather reports but especially with cycling, weather changes a lot, especially in the mountains  ...

I got in about 7 miles this morning. And I got to try a new trail! They finished two new mountain bike trails that they are calling gravity trails (for the mountain bikers out there). Apparently this means exactly what I figured it did; the "easy" trail was 1 mile of nicely groomed just steep enough for an awesome downhill run. It is also wide (at least 6ft) with good sight lines so I don't have to worry too much about colliding with mountain bikers.

qotd: I have definitely learned the local wind patterns. I can usually tell if a passing storm is going to pass right over me or not.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

moonlightrunner

My running buddy and I did about 3 miles today.  And I was actually able to run almost all of it.  It really felt like my first real run since surgery.  Despite the fact that it was raining, then snowing and cold I kept muttering to myself "what a beautiful day!".  Something about running makes even and dismal day a good one.

qotd:  Many of my trails are tree covered and I'm not going to see something coming.  Generally, I just listen to tv or get on the internet.
         There are not a lot of weather surprises here.....though in the summer storm season things can come up fast.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k