Trailer Trash

Humpdayaily (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers- half way through the work week Big grin  My warm weather training planned yesterday afternoon ended up being for naught, a rain storm came through and cooled things into the mid 60's Smile  Plan on 6 miles in the hills this afternoon, chance of rain so it could be a repeat of yesterday.

qotd: do you purposefully train n the heat?  I'm terrible for avoiding heat at all costs and usually pay for it during races in the heat Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

The pooch and I did an easy 3 mile trail run to test out the knee.  The knee still requires some babying.  No major pain, but I turn back when I start to feel a twinge.

QOTD:  I hate the heat and run at the crack of dawn to avoid it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

Easy 6 this morning on the rail trail.  Ran a fun, local 3 mile race last night, part of a summer weekly cross-country series of races of varying distances and themes.  Yesterday was a "predict your time" race - basically what it sounds like, finisher closest to their predicted time wins (no watches allowed, and finish line clock turned around so you can't see your time until after you're done).  I was 8 seconds off, finished 5th in the predicted time race (and 7th overall, I think).  Great low-key race series, good turnout.

QOTD:  no, I avoid the heat at all costs as well.  I try to avoid hot races as well (or at least hot long races).

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Ran last night. Not sure how far.

I've been in a bit of a funk over the last 2 weeks so I'm not tracking my runs at all.

Just getting out when I feel like it, for as long as I feel like it.

QOTD: I try to get ready for the heat. during the summer I've been known to start long runs at 1 p.m. (generally our hottest part of the day) on the weekends.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Went out yesterday for a bike ride around the neighborhood.  I was enjoying some hill reps when I noticed my front tire was going flat...about 1.5 miles from home.  I know I will never be a cyclist because walking home, barefoot, pushing a bike sucks worse than anything that could ever happen running.  On the plus side, I am free of soreness.

QOTD: I neither seek nor avoid the heat.  It doesn't factor into whether or not I will run, just how I approach the run.

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Lunch run on tap for today with my typical 3-4 miles of road around the office.  Thunderstorms are expected right when I'm planning to get out, so hope they stay away.

QOTD:  Not a fan of heat and high humidity.  I run early, and stay away from any direct sunlight by keeping deep in the woods.  Also will run by some favorite swimming holes to cool off on long runs.  Sometimes I take off my shoes, and sometimes I just jump in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

good afternoon, everyone!

Yesterday ended up a treadmill day, with strength training.  The heat is picking up, with thunderstorms expected later.  I need to get our car from the shop, so I was considering a late afternoon run to the shop, on the sidewalks, with little shade.   The qotd is timely.

qotd:  Can't easily avoid it here.  Early morning runs are cooler, but so humid that I don't think it makes much of a difference overall.  I just know that it's going to be hot for 3-4 months.  I used to travel for work a lot to the south & southwest, texas included and it was far, far worse there, so I don't think I have a lot to complain about.

TT-- Did I miss something?  Are you back from your trip already?  And what happened to the knee?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run later this afternoon.

I'm trying to decide whether to do a long (30-40 miles) run tomorrow, on my day off work, as a confidence booster. I think the weather should cooperate, now I just have to get DH and DD to agree (they'll have to take care of the boys).

QOTD: I like the heat, and I sometimes wait a little longer until it gets hot before I start out for my run. But usually, I run whenever I can fit it into my day, so it might be early morning, mid-day, or at night, regardless of temperatures.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Unsure at this point...have stuff to run after work we will see.

QOTD:  Used to love running in the heat of the day when i was young and living in So Cal.  Now I prefer cooler weather but not cold.  I do not train for heat.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TT-- Did I miss something?  Are you back from your trip already?  And what happened to the knee?

Yeah, I tweaked the knee while stupidly moving a big freezer that wasn't defrosted out of the basement alone.  Two days later the knee felt pretty good and I ran on it without pain once before I left.  I probably should have waited a few days more to see how it was or at least done some riding on it before leaving.

So I drove 2500 miles only to have the knee flare up when I went for a short ride the day before heading out on the ride.  It wasn't so bad that I would have cancelled except that bailing on the trip would be pretty tough for most of the planned route.  Getting out to paved roads would have been tough and then getting back to where the car was would have been another ordeal since it was over 30 miles down a forest service road off of a lightly traveled paved road that is kind of in the middle of nowhere.  So I chickened out and drove the 2500 miles back home.  At least it was a nice drive.

I figure that there is a better than 50/50 chance that I would have been OK to ride once I got going, but if I wasn't it would have been a real bitch.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

10 after work if the weather holds and everything works out like it should.

QOTD: I don't have a choice. It is hot here most of the year.

LB2

Sandy-2

I did 5 miles this morning.  Absolute pouring rain, felt good.  A nice Chinese guy called out to me to "be careful" as I ran by him in the rain, I said "Ok, thanks" in return.  I feel pretty good, but I'm still not sure what to do about Hardrock in 2.5 weeks.

qotd: I avoid running in the heat as much as I can since I really suck at it.  Especially when there is also direct sun.  It's hard to avoid in TX so we run as early in the morning as possible.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL