Trailer Trash

Replacement bottles for handheld (Read 21 times)

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Hi Trailers! I'm a long time lurker-- I followed you all over from the RW forums (apparently I'm just that much of a stalker??!!) Anyway, I run with handheld bottles for medium long runs, and I need to replace the actual bottle part of the whole dealio. The Nathan bottles always seem to leak, and because I'm a klutz and have miniature hands, the Ultimate Direction bottles with the nipply tops just don't work. (Seriously. I have to unscrew the lid to drink out of them... It'd be funny if it weren't so annoying).

I do realize that I can just use any old 20 oz bike bottle, but I really like everything about the Nathan bottles except the leak factor and the price. The plastic is a little softer and they're just easy to use. Also, I'm a cheapskate and would really like to spend as little as possible.

So... Do you guys have a go-to bottle that's cheap that would be good to replace my old (gross, nasty, gu-encrusted, cracking, really inconvenient) bottles?

Thanks!

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

jonferg67

Endless trails

I use the Nathans 220z bottles, but I'm due for an upgrade. I've got the

Hammer Purist bottles on my next order from Hammer. They come in

22 and 26 oz. ($9 and $11), I haven't tried them yet but I've heard good

things.

AT-runner

Tim

Any 20-22oz bicycle bottle will work.  I don't like the UD bottles either, and replaced them with ones from Zombie Runner.  $4.95 a bottle and the bite valve is pretty soft.

http://www.zombierunner.com/store/categories/bottles_and_packs/bottles_and_flasks/product2514.html 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I use the Nathan 22oz bottles, and when I cram the valve in by giving it a good hit with my second hand, they are leakproof. Takes some effort, though.

I always thought the Amphipod bottles should work fine for small hands, but haven't tried them yet, and can't say anything about them leaking or not.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Hammer Purist are the only bottles I'll use. They don't leak, the valve can be OPEN and not leak, they clean easy and will fit in almost every handheld carrier out there. Cheap too!

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

You guys are great-- that's exactly what I was looking for. FTYC, my Nathan bottles used to lock better If I hit them hard enough too... But then they got a little worn and I got really lazy Smile

thanks!!

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

Ultra Cowboy

I'm a fan of the Camelbak Chill 20 oz.

Really like the valve.  I can't use any other bottles now.

WYBMADIITY

Save