Trailer Trash

Southernly Sundailies (Read 27 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm heading South.  I can't do this cold anymore.  We're supposed to get down to -14 degrees tonight.

Bella and I will run around 5 miles soon, which will give me a 37 mile week or so.  Pretty crazy, really.

Running is dumb.

Marley and I took a rest day.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Heading south this time of year sounds good Mandy. When/where are you going? I am already thinking about FL to see the folks and run the sand packed trails under the pines (and play some golf).

Run today was about 6 miles, just over an hour, with LadyB over at French Creek. It was quite a slog, both running, weatherwise, and trail condition wise. 38-39 degrees with steadily increasing run. No one was around, surprise surprise, so it was very peaceful even for a slog of a run. Poor LadyB was very chilled post run. Duh, she is a short hair. A few blankets, a dog treat, and a warm house fixed her right up.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Not much running for me the last week as I have been sick. I never get sick, dammit! Sucks. Just now finally starting to feel better so I may stagger around the hood tonight for a few miles just to get things working again.  I did miss what could have been a great day for running yesterday around here. Tomorrow starts a new year on the running calendar so i have hope.

QOTD--Any winter escape planned?

Not really for me. I'll head the other way for cross-country skiing. My first so called getaway will be in March as I am planning an epic run in the Linville Gorge wilderness area in N.C.

Sandy-2

Did 10 miles this morning, very sluggish, it was a mental drain to get through it.  I kept wanting to bag it and cut it short, but once done I was glad I stuck it out. I did 50 this past week and I'm aiming to do the same this week.

qotd: No plans, but then again there isn't really much winter down here to escape from.

tbd.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 10 trail miles this morning, I felt good and strong-not really sure

where that came from but I'll take it.

That's a good healthy number of miles, Mandy.

QOTD: No getaways planned, just slugging through another New England winter.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lagging on the runs lately but did a little hike with hubby and Earl yesterday.

qotd:  I'm planning on escaping the mid 50s weather here at the end of January to head to Northern Michigan.....wait....that doesn't make sense.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄