Trailer Trash

Labor Pains 12 Hour Trail Race (Read 54 times)

muppy

That's pretty much my plan, hope its as easy as it sounds!

Irish Luck

I'm trying to just relax, run and have fun,(its my first time at an ultra distance) however I would be very happy if I could make 50K.  I think I'm going to just run a lap, see how I feel and run another lap.

That was my exact plan for last year and I managed my first 50K that day. We ran steady, took breaks between laps, changed shoes and clothes, and fueled throughout.   I'm taking the same approach for this year, too...just hoping to go a little longer.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Occasional Runner

That was my exact plan for last year and I managed my first 50K that day. We ran steady, took breaks between laps, changed shoes and clothes, and fueled throughout.   I'm taking the same approach for this year, too...just hoping to go a little longer.

That's why Labor Pains is such a great race. It gives first time ultra runners a chance to complete the distance without too much pressure. I love watching people hit their distance goals at this race. It's very cool.

AT-runner

Tim

Just made a hotel reservation, so looks like DW and I are a GO for Labor Pains.

I'll be there early on Sunday, since I need to register.  Will probably be setting up a red Easy-up awning.  I drive a white Honda Ridgeline.

We have no goals, except to have fun and survive the hot humid day.  I'd be happy to run with anyone who is racing for a goal.  I'm not fast, but I keep moving and I'm really good at telling people when to eat and drink.Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Just made a hotel reservation, so looks like DW and I are a GO for Labor Pains.

I'll be there early on Sunday, since I need to register.  Will probably be setting up a red Easy-up awning.  I drive a white Honda Ridgeline.

We have no goals, except to have fun and survive the hot humid day.  I'd be happy to run with anyone who is racing for a goal.  I'm not fast, but I keep moving and I'm really good at telling people when to eat and drink.Big grin

Cool. We just got into Philly and are looking forward to seeing a lot of friends this weekend. As always, Labor Pains is definitely going to be a good time.

I haven't set my mind on a goal yet...we'll see how it goes.

muppy

Good luck to everyone and happy running!