Trailer Trash

I am now officially a "ultrarunner" :) (Read 81 times)

Snowdenrun

Nice going! Sounds like you powered through some hard stuff.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thank you all kindly Smile

FTYC- that's probably very true, if it were a cake walk you wouldn't probably have the same sense of accomplishment, not to mention that the "ultra" part would probably lose it's pizzaz Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Nice job!  Sounds like a painful time, but you got through it.  I have a few friends who cut their ultrarunning teeth on the Trail Rail Run this weekend as well.  I stayed home--maybe next year.

Wandering Wally

Well done!  Congratulations!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Ultra Cowboy

Well done. Trail Rail ?

I spent a summer just over the hill from St. Regis.  South of Avery ID...

WYBMADIITY

Save

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on the 50k!  What's next?

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Congrats and nice job toughing it out.  Welcome to the dark side.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks all!

Nice job!  Sounds like a painful time, but you got through it.  I have a few friends who cut their ultrarunning teeth on the Trail Rail Run this weekend as well.  I stayed home--maybe next year.

definitely a good one for a first ultra, Missoula was very well represented in all the races- you should give it a go next year Big grin  my DW said she wants to break the 4 hour mark on the 30k (she was 4:03!) next year

Well done. Trail Rail ?

I spent a summer just over the hill from St. Regis.  South of Avery ID...

yup, Avery is just a hop and skip Smile

Congrats on the 50k!  What's next?

Devil's Backbone in the Gallatin, it's 25 miles, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be much rougher  Shocked

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Awesome job. Welcome to the club. You have to learn to love the suck! The more you can enjoy the pain the better off you'll be. Great race. Can't wait to here about your next one.

Congrats! At my first (and only) 50k, the last 5 miles were also pretty pitiful, but I think a lot of it has to do with never having raced the distance before. At least you'll know what to expect for next time Smile

LB2

Congratulations. I wouldn't analyze it too much. That is a good time, and you are definitely going to have some bad patches along the way. I don't think you can avoid them. I think you will find that the next one is either going to be easier or harder. (:

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Well done!  You must be one mentally tough runner to do that long on a rail trail. I bow to you!

Devil's Backbone in the Gallatin, it's 25 miles, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be much rougher  Shocked

Ah yes, my all-time favorite race course ever.  It will be tough but right in your wheelhouse I think.  With the scenery you'll be running thru you won't even feel the pain. Which way did you decide to go--up or down?  Don't forget to tie the little bells around your shoelaces! Big grin

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well done!  You must be one mentally tough runner to do that long on a rail trail. I bow to you!

Ah yes, my all-time favorite race course ever.  It will be tough but right in your wheelhouse I think.  With the scenery you'll be running thru you won't even feel the pain. Which way did you decide to go--up or down?  Don't forget to tie the little bells around your shoelaces! Big grin

the scenery along the St Regis River helped in that regard

my relay partner backed out on me, so I'll evidently get another off the waiting list- if I had my druthers, I'd be going downhill; I do know one of the 50 mile runners though so I could tag along w/ him on the way up?????????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Congrats on your first 50k! Nice work. Those rough patches just make you think twice before doing something foolish like signing up for a longer race right away... Smile

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I finally got around to reading this.  Congrats.  You will never forget your first ultra experience.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday