Trailer Trash

Standard Sundaily (Read 25 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! Here we all are, back on Standard Time. Long days of early darkness have arrived.

I am hoping to run 18 sometime today. Did 10 last night on the bike path with the pooch. It was dark AND cold. Just best get used to it.

Qotd: how does early darkness change your routine...both for running and the rest of your life?  For me...runs get more difficult...running in dark is stressful. At home...bath time for babies gets a lot earlier.

Hoping things are going well for LB2!

Have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I ran an easy 6 miles on the road followed by a core workout at the gym. Looking for another 10 on the trails with the wife and puppy is a little bit, then lounging the rest of the day.

QOTD: It changes nothing for me. I wish they would abolish this senseless time change.

Last I heard, Burke was at mile 98, being paced by his brother. GO BURKE!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bagged going elk hunting this morning, have some chores that need to get done-this will give me time to run this afternoon though- probably 12-ish.

qotd: the change sucks as far as I'm concerned; my entire after work run will be w/ a headlamp (light doesn't come early enough for a morning run)- AZ said screw the time changes, wish Montana would do the same

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Happy Sunday, folks!  Got in 6 miles this morning, right into a 20 mph headwind for the first half.  Not fun.  Ran while DS 2 was at practice.  Interesting sunday morning at the pool.  A dad came in to watch his kid's practice- normal.  Not normal was his secret service detail.  Even with the weekend khakis and starched polos, those guys really don't blend into a crowd.

Qotd:  Not something I think too much about, really.  We still have the same amount of daylight in the day.   Dark mornings are hard for me to get going, but now my kids aren't leaving for school in the dark.

Hello to all.  Ran 18 yesterday, mostly in a drizzle which was AWESOME since we need rain so badly here in CA.  Easy 6 today with a friend while discussing strategy for his 100 next weekend (Rio Del Lago, I'm crewing).  Two other friends got their WS qualifiers at Javelina this weekend so they are happy.  Chores and football watching on tap for me for the rest of the day.

QOTD: I run early and it's dark either way.  A little bit of a downer that it's dark when I leave work.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Daydreamer1

Just went for a 4 mile stroll with DW. It's very windy here and I'm heading out for a 6 mile run in a few minutes. With the direction the wind is coming from and how strong it's blowing, I might just end up having to walk up some of the hills. The gusts feel like a jackhammer hitting you in the face .

QOTD: When I'm running around the house I normally go around 4-5 in the afternoon.  Now I'll have to take a light along or leave earlier.  I wish they would just leave it  on the daylight savings time. I know it doesn't change the actual amount of daylight but I'm not a morning person so it's nicer when it light later in the evening.

Sandy-2

Taking a normal Monday SRD.

qotd: They don't have DST over here, but the timing with the sun is such that it is still dark after work.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

Took it easy today after dropping down to the Javelina 100k yesterday -- long story short, tweaked my ankle again about 30 miles in, and got some bad new about my mom's health and she was visiting, so I took the first flight out this am to spend time with her.

QOTD: It was funny flying from AZ, which does not do DST to California, which does. Friday we were on the same time ....