Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 36 times)

Watoni

Too much work lately ... got my headlamp test in between 6:00-6:15 am (1.5 miles total -- up and down). New experience, and thankfully I saw a skunk before I stepped on it ... that would have been a disaster. I am chomping at the bit to get out a bit later if I can, or, failing that, hit the Ninja run at 5:30am tomorrow

QOTD: I generally try not to worry about being undertrained

AT-runner

Tim

Bad afternoon.  No run a lunch today, work got in the way.

EDRW - we love your long RR's.  Congratulations!

QOTD:  I treat all my races as a training run for my next race, so no anxiety. Big grin

If I'm a pacer, then I do get anxious as I tend to sweat the details too much.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Crazy busy around here lately.  Between getting back from a business trip and getting ready to send my DD off on her horse riding adventure in Abu Dhabi, I'm going nuts.

Today is SRD no. 3, I'm resting my ankle for the rest of this week and then plan to start back up next weekend.  I did squeeze in a little core training at lunch today though.

qotd: pretty much the same answer as EDRW.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

12 miles very slow with my running buddy. We had all kinds of weather on that short distance, from snowing with and without wind, to sunny skies. Very refreshing.

Tmo: Great morning run!

warden: No mud run? Sounds like fun.

DD1: Hope you'll have enough time to get the longer loop in.

lace: One of these days, we might see you on the news as the runner turned into an icycle!

Watoni: Good headlamp test with the skunk. Now you know it works!

AT: Another day wasted... wait, not at all. Rest is highly underrated!

Sandy: That ankle seems to be stubborn. Sending healing vibes!

Run for fun.

sugnim

URD for me.  Again.  I thought I was better, and then my stomach had other plans for me.  I don't know what the deal is, but I am getting very tired of it.

QOTD:  Before a race, I generally feel either nervous & irritable or cheerful and easy-going.  I prefer the ones when I feel cheerful & easy-going, and I hope to make that the general theme of any races I do this year.

Have a great day, everyone!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

sugnim, sorry for your misery. IF you have the same stomach bug that went around in my area, rest is what helps best. Saw it in my kids, if they were too active too soon, they got another bout of you-know-what.

Relax, take it easy for a few days, I hope you'll be better soon.

Run for fun.

tjrun

Pouring rain outside, but I haven't gotten to run since Sunday, so I'm going out for a mudfest.

QOTD:  I don't race much anymore.  It's been a while.

NorthernHarrier

So I'm trying to patient but being patient can be trying. Leg just felt off a little yesterday and even more so when I went running. I kept hoping as I warmed up it would feel better but after about a mile and a half I just said screw-it, turned around and walked back to the car. Have to remind myself I'm still only about 9 months out from surgery.  Today I went out and did an easy 6 miles. Felt a lot smoother but still not quite right. Might just be the new normal for me, I don't know.

QOTD-- Pretty relaxed overall. Usually more concerned with just making sure I know how to find the start area or packet pickup and getting there on time. Actual race--no worries.

Lace_up-- Negative 28. Can't say I have ever run when it's that cold. Damn, THAT is cold. I have been out in the north country at negative 40 but going running was about the furthest thing from my mind.