Trailer Trash

Fitness Tracker(s) (Read 46 times)

dpc3

Thoughts, opinions, comments on any and all fitness trackers (i.e., FitBit, Nike Fuelband, etc)?

XtremeTaper

I would only be interested in such trackers if they would automatically tweet my workouts to the world and update my FB page accordingly with my latest amazing workout and fitness status!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

My fiance just got a fitbit.  She has been working out more and walking more since she got it.  I think its great (the FB update stuff is garbage).  Also, making this kind of thing mainstream is bound to improve the "body monitoring"  technology, which at some point will become useful for runners.  Nostrajamezilla forecasts that this is just the beginning for this type of thing (I know, what a limb to climb out on).

**Ask me about streaking**

dpc3

I'm out if they automatically update social media pages

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

That's not a mandatory part of it...just an (annoying) option.

**Ask me about streaking**

Daydreamer1

I've had Polar, Timex, Nike and Tanita products. All work fairly well but if you want great accuracy you need to spend the bucks. Having something that will download to a computer is nice but unless you're a numbers geek who has the time to analyze the numbers and then change your training regime it probably won't help too much with improvement. The nike run app on my phone and DS's Nike run watch don't track mileage very well in the woods so I see limited use for them.

I no longer run with a HRM simply because I don't have the time to analyze the data. Hopefully some day I will have the time to spend playing with the data. If so I'll get something again. In the end it's all about what you yourself want to do or enjoy doing.

In the past I found Polar to be the most reliable of the HRMs that I used.

Sandy-2

Hell, I don't need a fancy device to analyze the data, I'm getting old and slowing down.

But if they help others get out there (and stay with it), I'm good with them.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What type of gatget can I wear around my wrist that is tazer me when; I walk up a hill, eat crappy food, have more than one glass of wine, starts zapping me when it's 6 pm and I haven't exercised and doesn't stop until I do?  I'm ok with it announcing to FB how many time I was tazed that day. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

Right there with you QON, my beer consumption has gone up dramatically this summer.

Sandy-2

What type of gatget can I wear around my wrist that is tazer me when; I walk up a hill, eat crappy food, have more than one glass of wine, starts zapping me when it's 6 pm and I haven't exercised and doesn't stop until I do?  I'm ok with it announcing to FB how many time I was tazed that day. 

LOL. +1.  But I'll still be old and slow.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL