Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

Sandy-2

Hit the snooze button this morning.  I think with a little lingering jetlag and then not getting much sleep Friday and Saturday while crewing for me DD, I simply needed sleep more than anything else.  Like usual we slept in a tent while at her race, but the funny thing was it was so humid on Saturday and then got a bit chlily Saturday night, with all the condensation inside the tent is was like it was raining inside.  Got woken up by droplets every once in a while.  Not to mention it was really bright due to the full moon.

Anyway I'll call it an URD today because I won't be able to run after work today.

Jon: I'm sure you'll get it next time.  You just have to remember those things you learned when you are training for the next one.

qotd: I hardly ever go the doctor (knocks wood).  For the past few years I have been meaning to get the annual physical that my company pays for, maybe this will be the year.

tbd.

Wandering Wally

Heading out for 5 with fartleks in the snizzle/snow this evening.  Should be fun.

Jon - Sorry to hear about the 50K.  You'll get the next one.

QOTD - I rarely see a doctor.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy Birthday LB2!!  Your my favorite Turkey...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

I did it....I ran 15 miles today. Well...15.23 miles. I could have walked that lady .23 to the trailhead, but I ran it in. By the end my butt, hamstrings and knees were hurting....but not terrible. It was actually easier than the 13.5 I ran 10 days ago....way fewer hills. I had a god time. It was a beautiful day.

Jon: sorry to hear about your race. I'll bet you will get it next time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Happy Birthday LB2!!  Your my favorite Turkey...

Thanks Sue!!!

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spent all day tying up loose ends around work, and it was supposed to be my day off Angry. Also got in a shopping trip to Sam's Club on the way home. Now I'm tired and trying to decide what type of workout I want to do. Probably the bike trainer and some lifting.

QOTD: I go to the Doctor when:

1.  I can no longer walk with out crutches

2. I'm so sick I can barely walk and stop puking, like when I had kidney stones.

3.  I need a physical so I don't lose my CDL.

4. Something bad, like blood in the urine, happens.

I never go if I can help it. Someday I'll die from something that would have been preventable if I would have just went to the Dr.

Watoni

Quick ride up Kings Mountain this morning. You can tell it is fall here due to (1) some changing leaves (2) inversion, i.e. super foggy at the base of the climb and sunny and clear after about 1.5 miles up.

A minute down on my fastest time for the climb, but I felt awful despite telling myself I would not try to ride that hard .... this has my plans for a brick run in doubt. I just feel wiped lately. I keep holding out for a long night run, but am just too beat to get up at 3am.

Jon, don't worry about the run. It sounds to me like your foot gave out on you. My feet are different after my first 100 believe it or not and I am figuring out shoes again ... You can only try to respond to what you learn and give yourself the best chance to succeed.

Chnaiur

Quick ride up Kings Mountain this morning. You can tell it is fall here due to (1) some changing leaves (2) inversion, i.e. super foggy at the base of the climb and sunny and clear after about 1.5 miles up.

Another kind of inversion also occured: sunny in San Francisco, foggy on the peninsula...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Uh oh... now what?

We were annoying the mushrooms today, redirecting the nice woman with the backpack, weird--all these mushrooms we have never seen before.  I should get up early and use it for the QOTD.  Gone from the car for a little over an hour, some footwork was involved.  We have not locked ourselves out of the car this week, but it is only Tuesday.

Frost/freeze warnings for all uh y'all east of the river.  We have fog fog fog and more fog in a band of 46º-54º days.

QOTD:  The last two trips were failures (that's two in one year), something about replacing something that I am not through using--January?  The winter of discontent approacheth.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This being Wednesday morning, yesterday I shuffled through 4.4 miles at a slow pace but was still tired from previous runs.

QOTD: I have regular check-ups and also go when pain persists despite a few days rest and home treatment. Illnesses are more difficult to decide when it's anything more than a cold. On a couple occasions I've delayed seeing a doctor and ended up with a hospital stay.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.