Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 40 times)

Occasional Runner

Quick little road run in Provo this morning. Nothing to get too excited about.

QOTD: I haven't been sick in a long time and my weight has been pretty flat.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Doc's appointment now after work, and I missed an wonderful, sunny day in central PA.

Pennsylvanians, how come the heat wave has struck your area already, while we here in the center still live in the Arctic? 12 degrees, with a wind chill of -13!! I think I'll head into the mountain valleys later in the evening, to really enjoy the pool of cold air there...

Queen: Does not sound like a good way to manage your weight.

AT: Good news, I hope she'll hang in there and recover quickly!

QOTD: Other than a few stomach bugs, I've been pretty healthy recently. And I think I might be figuring out the stomach bug thing now, too. No weight gain or loss over the holidays, as usual.

Run for fun.

sugnim

Hello all.  I got a 5 mile run in this morning in the freezing fog followed by a foot commute to work.  There was one little patch of water on the river that wasn't frozen over, and I think every goose in the area found that spot to sleep in.

QOTD: I had a cold a few weeks ago, and while I haven't gained any weight over the holidays, I've gained about 10 pounds since my son was born.  I didn't even give birth to him!  The whole unfair part about all of that is that my wife is down 10 pounds since before she was pregnant.  I'm not too worried about it though; it will come off somewhere along the trail.

Pennsylvanians, how come the heat wave has struck your area already, while we here in the center still live in the Arctic? 12 degrees, with a wind chill of -13!! I think I'll head into the mountain valleys later in the evening, to really enjoy the pool of cold air there...

If you call 17 degrees a heat wave, I guess we're in it in Philly!  Tongue

QOTD: I haven't been sick in awhile, but got a bad cold last year. Good thing it was during the government shutdown so I didn't have to use my sick days.  I probably gained a few pounds over the holidays but with training ramping up again, I'll be down again over the next month. I usually lose a few pounds during training season but it's mostly because I'm choosing running over drinking wine most nights. 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

And I don't lose or gain weight no matter what I eat or my activity level.

Have a good day!

I found a great recipe for you, just heard on the radio that it is about 2,400 calories (for the whole recipe, I guess, but that would be just the amount that I would eat after a longer trail run, so maybe you better double the recipe ...

Sean Brock's Elvis Presley Milkshake

Serves 4 to 6  1 (trail runner)

5 thick-cut strips of smoked bacon

2 very ripe bananas

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

1/4 cup Buffalo Trace bourbon

3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened slightly

3 tablespoons of bacon fat, cooled

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until very crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Reserve the rendered bacon fat separately, allowing it to cool slightly.

Place the bananas, peanut butter and bourbon in a blender. Add the cooked bacon and 3 tablespoons of the reserved bacon fat and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds, scraping down the sides if necessary. Add the ice cream and pulse to incorporate into a smooth shake, about 30 seconds.

If you'd like, you can also incorporate the ice cream by hand by mixing it in with a whisk or an immersion blender; this will help keep the shake in a more frozen state. Serve immediately. Transfer any extra shake to a lidded container and reserve in the freezer. Because the alcohol prevents it from completely freezing, it turns into a scoopable ice cream.

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I guess I'm not the only one to take a little running break recently. I'm back running now but

I spent my time off hiking and clearing/making trails, I now have access to trails right out

my back door. I'm stoked! I did 4 today with some nice climbing.

QON: Whats this shit about cheating husbands?, I'm out of the loop. BTW, I'd give up my left

testicle to have those temps to run in, today's run was a frosty 12*.

QOTD: Haven't been sick a while, minor sniffle here and there. I gained a few pounds, mostly

as a result of the munchies from New York's finest green.

moonlightrunner

The above recipe...ahhh. yuck!

I did not run today. Negative double digit wind chills are keeping me inside. We were spoiled with warmth, now punished by Uber Winter.

Qotd: I've put on around 10 pounds. Hoping they will drift off as my training becomes more consistent.  As for the other... I'm not jinxing myself by saying.

AT: so glad the news was good. I hope the recovery is fast.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

3 miles bounding through the snow at 0 degress again today. I lost my face mask so I've been wearing this fake pirate beard my brother bought me for Christmas.

qotd: I'm just on the edge of sickness right now, but the way it goes lately I can probably beat it back with a little concerted effort

AT: Great to hear it!

QoN: Nice to see your sense of humor is intact. I know that kind of weight loss plan.

Now now, I'm from PA and saw no such "heat wave" today.  Actually just got back from my run because while it was sunny all day, that wicked -15 windchill didn't settle down til after dark.

puppy Gemma joined me for 2 slow miles this evening.  I don't push her because she has hip dysplasia, but she was in the mood to go today.

AT - glad to hear about your sister.  Hope her recovery is swift, and we will keep thinking about her.

QOTD: I had tracheal bronchitis for a good chunk of December and it was no big deal until the coughing fits kept me up at night. Also, yes. Let's just call this a "winter bulk" and move on with our lives.

Watoni

Got in a quick three running to the store to pick up groceries and then running back (thankful for town trails and a headlamp).

Couch: I could help with weight gain with much more delicious gelato I make and alcohol. Leave that gross stuff to the dead Elvis!

Queen: Glad you are strong but my gut always says wtf! Ditch that loser and get on with having an awesome happy rest of your life!

LB2

Too skinny makes you look older than you actually are.  You posted a picture of you and your bride a little while back  and my first thought was; she must have been a student of his when they met!!  But then I thought that would have been rude of me to put on your FB page..  So here it is here. 

Haha. But, that was not the case. She said the same thing, though.

LB2