Trailer Trash

Moab Red Hot 55k and Zion 100 Race Course Preview (Read 260 times)

Birdwell

Thanks Lace up, I will definitely contact him.

Birdwell - Thanks for the imput.  I will probably plan on pushing my trip back from early June to late June to try and avoid the runoff.  Late spring I'll plan on contacting Rangers for more info.  I would love to hear more about your through trip.  Any reason you chose bottom up as opposed to top down?

Top down is a limited entry hike, and requires a backcountry permit. Bottom up does not.

The narrows are really nice, but it tends to get a little crowded. Everything in the main canyon get crowded in the summer though.

LB2

Good looking stuff. When I was in Utah last year, I was thinking of going down to Cedar City and heading over to Moab to do some running. As it turned out, my friend decided to come up to Logan, where I was, and take me on the Bear course. Either way, it was a win.

LB2

tjrun

Top down is a limited entry hike, and requires a backcountry permit. Bottom up does not.

The narrows are really nice, but it tends to get a little crowded. Everything in the main canyon get crowded in the summer though.

You learn something new everyday.  I figured you had to have a backcountry permit either way to go all the way through.  Hmmm? That might be the way to go. I've only been bottom up a couple hours in....enough to lose most of the crowd, but have always wanted to go all the way.

Sandy-2

We can only hope, Sandy. Did you get signed up for Leadville?

Yes, I'm in.  Got a little unfinished business.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL