Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 29 times)

Marley and I ran a pleasant 4 miles of trail at a moderate pace in 5 inches or so of fresh powder.  Winter hasn't quite given up yet and they predict freezing rain for tomorrow morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in a couple of miles yesterday on the anti-gravity treadmill at PT.  Interesting experience-- I ran at 65% of my body weight and ran at a higher pace  with a lot less effort.  Hmmm, less weight, easier running.  What's the takeaway here?

TT- I think we got a little more down here, but the sun seems to be working its magic.

qotd:  pass

charlesmoman

We have our oldest granddaughter  - 3rd grade (on spring break) - so the three of us are walking across town to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. I ran with her on her first "Girls on the Run" 5K last fall.

Then back and a nap! Later after I take her back to my daughter, I will go out for a nice easy 4-5 miler.

The 12-hour trail training run is ahead on Saturday afternoon/night. A little rain between now and then, but the trails should be ok on Saturday. We do not fear a little mud! : )

AT-runner

Tim

Nice and easy 5 miles today on lightly snowy trails.  No watch, no pack, no hand-held bottle.  I felt so light, which is a stretch for me.

TT - looks like you guys go more of this last storm than we did in PA.  Can't wait for spring.

dc - Now you only need to lose 35% of your body weight 

CM - good luck this weekend.  You're right a "little" mud isn't too dad.

QOTD:  Do you run most of the time "loaded up" (as in with pack, bottle, etc.) or are you usually running unencumbered?

95% of the time I have a pack at at least a hand-held.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Morning all,

Going out for 6 or 7 later. Hoping for one last solid week before the half marathon on March 30.

QOTD:  It depends on the season. Right now, I don't carry anything unless the run is longer than 2 hours. During the summer, I ALWAYS have a handheld because my asthma acts up like crazy.  Long runs in the summer require a hydration pack and honey stinger fuels.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

My easy 6 miles yesterday turned into 8 because I just couldn't seem to turn towards home.  It's nice running in daylight!  Today the plan is for 7-8 more easy miles and I really need to get back on the bike...I slacked that last week.

QOTD: Most of the time on the trail I have my pack on.  I like to carry some gear on me.  I was able to help some hikers reunite by letting them use my cell phone last week.  I think its worth it, plus you get some added resistance.

**Ask me about streaking**

XtremeTaper

I'll take the dog out tonight for 60-90 minutes over at Green Lane trails I think. The spring daylight is here, now we just need the spring temperatures. Hopefully all the ice and snow are gone but I suspect there will still be some on the south side of the lake where the slopes are not exposed to much sun. I need to start getting some miles in... just a few months now until Laurel Highlands.

QOTD: Rarely carry anything for runs under 2 hours no matter the season. I do carry the cell phone in shorts pocket most of the time, and the dog beeper when she runs with me which is most days. I don't own a pack. Just use handhelds for longer runs and races and shorts pockets to stash gels and such.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

QOTD:  I seldom carry anything. On a run above two hours I might take water and maybe a snack, but not necessarily.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Me and the dog ended up with 10 this morning, even though the temps are staying in the 20 it still felt comfortable to run in.

QOTD: In the cold weather I run equipment free up to 2 hours, if I go longer I plan on loops back for water. Warm or hot weather I start carrying water if I plan on farther than 10.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed a few minutes ago. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I slept in, just that I worked last night. Now it's off to the Dr for my annual physical. Hoping to get in 6+ mile this evening after I get back from that.

QOTD: Always run with a bottle, even for my short 4.5 mile road loop around the house. When I hit the trails I'm mostly loaded up with a pack of some sort.

Birdwell

hill repeats on the schedule for tonight,

QOTD: I haven't been carrying anything lately.  I also have been out for longer than 8 miles in months though.

I am going to try a new simplistic method this summer and try to survive with a single handheld on runs up to 20 or so.

We shall see how well that works.

muppy

22.3 beautiful sunny miles on real dirt trails!

QOTD usually 10 and under nothing, even did some three-hour runs this winter with nothing. But it depends on the temperature also. Over 10 I'll usually take a fuel belt or pack. I really wish I could use a handheld but it just feels weird in my hand.

LB2

I will get something going after work today. I stretched that IT Band last night, and everything feels like new today. I need to stay on top of it though. I am committed to a 12 hour event on May 31st. That isn't the smartest thing I have ever done since I am basically taking the next month off from long runs to hunt. I'll just go as long as I feel like it. I'll walk when I have to, whatever.

QOTD: I only wear a hydration vest if I plan to run more than two hours. That pretty much holds true even if I have an event coming up.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Late check-in again. I just hate how work gets in the way of running...

What is this "snow" thing you are all talking about? Gone and done with here. (And I hope this will last!). Sunny with temps in the mid-40's, what a joy. Planning on some miles in the evening, kids allowing, that is.

QOTD: In winter, I usually run without food, drink or spare clothes, not always to my advantage, though. My winter runs tend to be shorter than the summer runs, typically 3 hours or less. In the summer, I usually carry a handheld or two, with a sports drink, and some liquid food on longer runs (more than 2-3 hours).

On unsupported runs, where I don't come by a spring often enough, I take my hydration pack with me, sometimes loaded up with additional bottles. I don't like this too much, but am willing to adjust to get long runs in. I prefer to take as little as possible, but with experience, I have learned to compromise a bit in favor of safety.

Run for fun.