Trailer Trash

Time or Distance (Read 55 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I keep track of both (I use mapping software to get a close idea of distance), but I think a lot like AK- as elevation AND distance is generally what determines the time, so I always keep track of elevation in addition

time over a given distance doesn't tell the whole story in trail running like it might in road running; elevation gain/loss, trail conditions, weather, etc all impact overall time

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

I go by both, I might run out an hour and turn around, but also like to know the distance in miles. For me it's more about time on my feet than miles, it take longer if there's a lot of hills but miles be lower, but a much harder run on  my body.

Gator eye

Both, and like the OP, if I go out for a certain time at the end if I'm at 8.5 miles most likely I'll turn around and do another 1.5 miles because I have some weird problem with stopping on odd numbers and usually run even number amounts only.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm not the only weirdo/crazy!!! Yay!!!

Both, and like the OP, if I go out for a certain time at the end if I'm at 8.5 miles most likely I'll turn around and do another 1.5 miles because I have some weird problem with stopping on odd numbers and usually run even number amounts only.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Sandy-2

I voted for distance.

I plan for distance and write down distances, but I don't sweat the small stuff.  What I mean is that I'll usually go a bit longer but round down. e.g. will run 20.28 miles, but will put it down as 20.  When I'm running while on overseas travel, I figure miles based on 9 or 10 min pace (depending on terrain) and then run for that length of time, but usually go a few minutes "extra" to make sure, plus my normal daily run pace is somewhere about 8:30.  So if I'm looking for a 5 miler I'll go for about 45 to 48 minutes.  But again I'm really thinking in terms of miles. Maybe while overseas I should think in terms of kilometers...  Shocked .

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Meh, I base my runs on the number of beers I need to recover.

You people have issues