Trailer Trash

Warming up Wednesdaily (Read 35 times)

runtraildc

Hi all,

Been a bit awol lately.  Work.  still running, though.  I got in 7.5 last night mostly on the roads with the running group.  Passed a film shoot in my neighborhood  (I live near a major communications company and our neighborhood houses are frequently 'rented' for filming).  Plan on strength training later today while the boys are in the pool.

qotd:  Any special, fun plans that you're looking forward to?  (not necessarily running-related).  Me, a combination of family visit and a race coming this weekend to northern MN.  The HM that DS has been training for is this weekend (finally!) The race director is reporting that the roads are finally clear, but still snow in the woods (this is 'south canada').   Maybe instead of hiking on Saturday as a warm up, we'll go snowshoeing.  Big grin

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning.  Ran 4.5 miles today.  Almost did turned around after a few steps.  Pain, pain, pain but I am stupidly stubborn.  The pain went away but I wonder about how it will feel later.

dc - I thought I saw MN to get snow today? Have though nonetheless

QOTD: Counting down to a week at the shore in June after kids get out of school.  Hmmm....47 days.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Finishing my coffee now and about to head out for a long(for me) run at Donald park. Maybe 16. A busy afternoon but I hope to get out mtn. biking this evening with my daughter if the weather holds.

runtrail--been thinking of you and your race. Why is it called the Ham run anyway? Up there you would think it would be the Walleye run or Running from Wolves or something like that. Smile  Anyway, I did just read that Gunflint lake still has about 30" of ice on it. But I still wouldn't go out on it. It's got to be honeycombing and pretty rotten in spots.  Fishing opens in Wi. this weekend and the northern part of our state is still iced up.

Have fun up in your home state.

QOTD--Because of ice conditions and a conflict with my wife's calendar I will just do a 10 day solo canoe trip starting right  after Memorial day in Quetico. Nothing too extreme this season. The day before will be my Snowbank Lake epic solo marathon trail run that I should win. And lose.

Hi all,

Ran an easy 5 last night and my open blister was KILLING me the whole time. I covered with moleskin but that didn't help much. Then played volleyball and somehow managed to tweak my quad. Not my at my best right now, I might take today off, begrudgingly.

QOTD: Really looking forward to a trip to Turks & Caicos this summer. Haven't been on a true "relaxing" vacation in a very long time.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Wednesday.  Beautiful day here in Gettysburg.  Meeting friend for a lunch time run in the battlefield.  Won't be too many runs in battlefield left as tourists are starting to pour in.  This July is the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg battle.  The friend I'm meting was near the second blast at Boston Marathon.  He's still having troubles sleeping, and this will be his first run since Boston.  Wish him luck.

He's the balding guy on the left with blue shorts and orange shirt with a yellow singlet.  Too close for comfort.

QOTD:  Next get away is May 17-19.  We are heading to Chincoteague Island for Mother's Day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

6 on the roads this morning. Currently sitting in a big room full of people waiting for Jury Duty - fun times.

qotd: We're taking my DD for a big birthday diner on Saturday nite. Other than that I have 2 trips to CO this summer (my DS is joining me on one of them, can't wait).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

First day on the new "instant money" job for me today, so just time for a short run. I'll make it some speedwork/hillwork on the road behind my house, that'll do.

AT: Very close, I'm sure one can feel the pressure wave from the blast there still. Hope your buddy will get over this trauma soon.

QOTD: No special plans, but summer is always fun!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

The friend I'm meting was near the second blast at Boston Marathon.  He's still having troubles sleeping, and this will be his first run since Boston.  Wish him luck.

He's the balding guy on the left with blue shorts and orange shirt with a yellow singlet.  Too close for comfort.

Well Good Luck to the Balding guy! I'm thinking he has already had a lifetime of Good personal luck in those few moments. Wow.

Morning all. My legs feel great. Taking another rest day to let the blisters heal though. I lost a toenail popping one last night, hate my life!

Everyone have great runs today!

qotd: I guess I should say my wedding/honeymoon at the end of this month but I'm really looking forward to the OSS/CIA night 50 miler in June. Shame on me.

runtraildc

runtrail--been thinking of you and your race. Why is it called the Ham run anyway? Up there you would think it would be the Walleye run or Running from Wolves or something like that. Smile  Anyway, I did just read that Gunflint lake still has about 30" of ice on it. But I still wouldn't go out on it. It's got to be honeycombing and pretty rotten in spots.  Fishing opens in Wi. this weekend and the northern part of our state is still iced up.

'Ham run' because of the 2007 Ham Lake fire.  We run approximately the same route that the fire took. I'll take your advice about the lake ice.  They were saying late last week that there was still a lot of snow on the lake and hadn't yet gotten down to the ice.  More snow and sleet forecast for today and tomorrow.    still winter in some parts....

Uh oh... now what?

Uh... it's 34º(F) out there.  It is frosty, sun glinting off the frozen grass and all sort so beauty, but not so good on these old lily white knees.  Why, oh why, do I not just turn back and get glubs and cap and long pants... man thing?  Bullheadedness?  Senility enhanced running?  The breeze off the 51.7º(same F) water (yes, the Web site lists it to tenths of a degree) is not at all refreshing.  I did not make it to the zigzags, did not do the repeats I had planned.  I did enjoy hearing the doves and the red-winged blackbirds--the prairie is more song filled with each passing day.

QOTD:  Good timing--yesterday one of Kathy's friends called to ask if we could go spend three days in her time-share condo thing in Victoria, B.C.  She cannot be there--scheduling conflict and stuff.  Hmmm, booktown, international district, museums, aquarium...  I am happy to announce we will be "out of country" the week after the 12-hour.

Summer arrives June 20th, 10:04 p.m. PDT with no frost in the forecast that day.

dpc3

Got in a lazy 4, and holy tight piriformis batman, extra foam rolling and stretching for me tonight.

QOTD: Our summer is filling up but I am not looking forward to anything specific. Parents are coming in for 3 weeks, Brother/Sister in law and kids in for a week. I currently have 3 work trips with a couple more potentially. Wife is going back to work so juggling kids and schedules all summer until school starts back up. Utter chaos but all well worth it. Honestly the 2 things I am looking forward to are running Jemez with some friends from Portland and potentially picking up a new puppy at the end of the summer.

AT- enjoy the run with your buddy hope it helps with his healing process!

The pooch and I had an awesome morning. We did a 10 mile trail run in the cool clear weather. I carried a pack to get used to carrying one on my upcoming backpacking trips. I stopped and fished for a short bit at the turn around point and hooked, but lost a nice one.

QOTD: Near term, I am looking forward to a visit from my daughter and son in law.  We plan to do some highpointing and backpacking when they are up for the visit.  Longer term I am looking forward to a car trip out west with hiking, mountain biking, highpointing and backpacking along the way.  The primary focus of the trip is a John Muir Trail thru hike.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Snowdenrun

I am SICK of winter! Doesn't Mother Nature get that?! Maybe today will be a strength training day. The dog doesn't even want to go outside.

QOTD: I leave with DBF for Colorado on Monday! Plan on hiking the incline to Barr camp with my mom, DBF and my brother. I'm also in my best friends wedding. Which means I need to get out of "Alaska style" and shave, do my hair and...wear a dress. Total transformation coming up Smile

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ran yesterday and felt great for 0.5 miles...my knee was doing something funny so I walked it home.  I plan on trying again today, maybe ride the bike, maybe some bodyweight exercises, maybe the elliptical...I'll decide after work.

QOTD: Nope, not really, but what everyone else is doing sounds fun

**Ask me about streaking**