Trailer Trash

Late today Sundaily (Read 27 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

No run today due to on going injury. I did get out to reading and walked 1 lap of the Labour pains 12 hour, then went to visit dd in harrisburg.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Watoni

Jonferg: sorry to hear about your dog. So sad to lose a pet.

+1

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Jon, I am so sorry to hear about your puppy. 

I rode my bike 30 miles on one of the many rail to trails here.  Hot and muggy here, so it was a great day to be on a bike.

QOTD:  I enjoy running in the dark when I choose to run in the dark.  I do not enjoy running in the dark when I am forced to run in the dark (by that I mean winter, basically.)  So summer night runs are fun.  Running at 5pm in the dark in 10 degrees...not so much.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally a real trail run, my first in ages. Ran 50K at Labor Pains, but got lost and drove in circles trying to find where it started. As a result everyone got a 27 minute head start on me. Had a little bit of everything from bright sun to heavy rain, though most of the rain came after I was finished. The score for the race was Trail 3, George 2, and all 3 falls (2 shoulder rolls and one face plant) all came within 2.5 miles on the second lap. Very slow time on those trails with my lack of trail running and inadequate hill training, but when I finished I was happy.

QOTD: I don't mind running in the dark in the neighborhood off the busy roads. I've never been in a position running where I needed a headlamp, so can't say anything there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

QOTD:  I enjoy running in the dark when I choose to run in the dark.  I do not enjoy running in the dark when I am forced to run in the dark (by that I mean winter, basically.)  So summer night runs are fun.  Running at 5pm in the dark in 10 degrees...not so much.

This.  Starting in the dark and timing your run so you have a nice view of the sunrise is lovely.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got the baby back from the hospital yesterday and made our way home this morning.

He's happy, smiling and no longer looks like Sloth from Goonies.

No running for me today.

I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Yay for baby Birdwell! Wishing a speedy recovery, and that he's much better than before!

6 gentle gravel road miles, with some hills. Visited the tree which swallowed a guy with our oldest DS, who just "jogged" along with me. I blamed the slow recovery from the 100-miler for my slow pace .

Run for fun.