Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 34 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Hot and humid run planned for lunch time.  DS has finalized his trip route (I'm along for the ride).  Looks like we're going a more southern route through Davenport, IA and not north through Madison, WI.  He wants to see where DW and I lived for 4 years.  I would have loved to have had a beer with Mandy and/or NH.

Prayers and good wishes for the Birdwell Baby!!!  (Payers got Couch through 102 miles, so I has to work.)

XT, Lace and NH - What happens in prison stays in prison.

QOTD:  Growing up, I had 12 family members working as police in DC and Maryland.  We were the stereotypical Irish family where 1/2 were cops and 1/2 owned Pub's (go figure, right).   So I never "officially" got in trouble.  Now the IRS is another story.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD--Yes.

So you're going to tell me this story in person, right? 

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

I was thinking of taking a day off today but looking at my log I already had my one non-running day this month so I'll take the Lady out after work and shuffle a few trails miles in the heat along the reservoir.

QOTD: A few times, yes. Minor stuff really but it can catch up to you and land you in the local jail and sometimes even an unexpected ride down to San Bernadino County Jail for an extended stay. The long boring story only gets told in the middle of the night while pacing someone in a hundred miler. "So you ever been to jail?"... the miles pass by after that.

Birdwell -  {{{{{ Prayers and good vibes for your baby. }}}}}

ATRunner - The only reason I made it out of my hometown without a jacket was because one of my best friend's dad was the local DA.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good morning trailers!

I'm planning on doing 13 miles after work today then settling into a nice 10 day taper...I haven't been running much, more so focusing on swimming / biking.

QOTD: This is a fitting trailer trash QOTD.  I spent a night in a WV prison...yee haw!

I used to build prisons all over the county, so I've been physically inside 20+ prisons...most of them unoccupied at the time (but that's not what you're asking).

Positive thoughts heading your way Birdwell!

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Plan to run after work today.

birdwell - sending good wishes and vibes out your way.

qotd: No, just the typical underage drinking stuff, but we never got caught.

However during my college years me and a friend spent a night in an upstate NY jail... but it was just because my car broke down after running into a snowbank and we didn't have any money.  A nice cop let us sleep in the cell, would have been a cold night otherwise.  We were a little nervous though because we were partaking in that stuff that is now legal in CO (yup, same as QoN), I think that's how we got into the snowbank in the first place.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

charlesmoman

6.1 miles walking before 7 AM to beat the heat.

QOTD

I am called the turtle driver in my family - at almost 63 I have never gotten a speeding ticket or any ticket.

I always leave crazy early for anything, so I never feel rushed.

I used to do prison ministry work with Bill Glass Ministries, so I have been in many major prisons around the country.

Never felt unsafe and the inmates always appreciated us visiting and talking.

They could not believe we were not paid and instead had to pay for all of our expenses - travel, hotel - everything.

Good times.

AT-runner

Tim

ATRunner - The only reason I made it out of my hometown without a jacket was because one of my best friend's dad was the local DA.

First time I got in trouble with a friend for "trespassing" (drinking beer while underage), I didn't tell anyone I had relatives who were police because I was more afraid of my dad's response.  The second officer on the scene knew my last name and we were told to be more discreet next time.  My friend was very impressed.  I told my dad about it......years later.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Just got in a 4 mile walk. It was supposed to be a 4.5 mile walk/jog to test the ankle out. The jogging only lasted about 200 yards and I figured out that it's not ready for the shock of running just yet .

QOTD: Several speeding tickets. I used to be a outlaw trucker .  Always running  overweight. Got two overweight tickets. All that was back in the days when most of the officers were professionals who gave respect and earned respect in return. Although I did run into a few bastards and have had a couple of incidents where a gun was pointed at my head and a sneering officer telling me he could blow my head off.   My crime? Nothing. I was just a truck driver from another state, they were looking for someone for something and stopping everyone looking for information,  and the cops were just ego freaks and bullies. It sure gives me a different perspective on the Ferguson incidents

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

This place is hopping today. I did 8 trail miles this morning, great run even though it

started getting hot.

Birdwell: Hope the surgery goes well.

QOTD: Yes, a few times, minor stuff mostly alcohol-related. I also had 3 Captains Masts and a Court-Martial
                    when I was in the service. Nothing except minor traffic ticket in the 20+ years I've been sober. On the other side
                    of things I've worked with the Secret Service (Clinton detail on Martha's Vineyard), and various state and local
                    law enforcement. I've also been a part of drug interdiction in Puerto  Rico, Dom Republic, Panama, and
                    Costa Rico. I know what 11 bales of cocaine looks like, and I had the deck and conn during a chase with a
                    go-fast off the coast of Panama, we launched the helo and they shot at their engines to stop them. Good times.

NorthernHarrier

So you're going to tell me this story in person, right? 

Which one?  LOL!

Well really Dahmer and I hardly knew each other, not much to tell....

It will take a few cold ones to loosen the doors of my vault and even then ... I only answered the question, didn't know I had to elaborate too much.  Suffice it to say I can still legally possess a firearm and vote.  I also had a Mother that worked for the Madison Police dept. and in several contacts with the law was given a ride home in my youth and actually dropped off a couple blocks from home so she wouldn't see. Minor stuff but still a little professional courtesy, I guess.The cops would say "we'll just keep it quiet, no need for her to know". Still probably real consequences at a real early age may have been a good thing for me...

DigDug2

7 on the roads this a.m., then 25 minutes on the stepper at lunch time.  (Gym lady came over to tell me that I should stop landing so hard at the bottom of each step, to save my knees - "this is supposed to be a non-impact machine."  So much for training for the pounding on the downhills...)

QOTD:  just the usual traffic tickets and teenage pranks.

Bonus clip for yesterday's "fear of heights" contingent:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82SDk1kInvI

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice chilly 6 mile run this morning, 45 minutes w/ a headlamp, 10 minutes w/o- it won't be long it's going to be all in the dark

qotd: 30 years in law enforcement and counting, so not much Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √