Trailer Trash

Almost Sundailies (Read 33 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Really?  Wassup with no one home?  I'm off to supervise a "large group of

volunteers" on trail work--another of my XT days.  Hope everyone has a great

day outside, see you this evening.

QOTD:  What is your preferred course:

out and back,

loop,

multiple loops (same course),

as far down that way as you can get in n hours,

point-to-point,

24 hours on a 400 meter track,

other... provide text and drawings?

Extra credit:  Do you want any bush whacking thrown in?

rgot

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run. The first geese have hatched and were swimming around near the shore.

QOTD: Much prefer a loop or point to point, but point to point usually isn't possible for me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

URD for me, was walking into work and got a spasm type thing on front and inside of my leg and it's sticking around, so think just take day off.

Have fun on those trails John!

QOTD I like loop course the best, don't think I'd be a fan of 24 hours in a 400 meter track, also not a fan of bush wacking!

Occasional Runner

Good morning all!

6 miles with some speed work thrown in, then some circuit training at the gym. I may ascend Malans Peak later today if I get my chores done early enough. I can see the peak from my living room window and it's calling my name.

QOTD: Multiple loops are my favorite, but I like them 12-20 miles. It helps break the race down into manageable pieces. I'm not particular when it comes to training runs though.

Snowdenrun

Holy Moses it's early. Woke up before 6 for a "street wash down" for the fire department, which is basically hosing the snot out of downtown streets to clean it up before cruise ship season starts. I made it there only to be told it was canceled. Common sense would have told me to call and ask before I even got dressed since the roads are half way icy. But common sense does not exist that early. Now I realize for most of you this is sleeping in, but for me, the last time I was up this early was ... for a fire call.

Went out for my typical "run til I get tired, or run of out time, see where the trail takes me" run yesterday. Totaled 12.5 miles. As soon as my run started the hail started, followed by bigger hail, then snow, then rain. Mud puddles, lots of mud puddles and water everywhere. For a short period the sun poked out and I dashed to a clearing in the trees and just stood there and soaked it up for 30 seconds until the clouds came back, followed by more rain and hail. My time was only ten minutes longer than my time trial at the distance the other day. That was a nice surprise considering it was all on trail and I wasn't keeping a pace, just running by feel. I feel that I have so much untapped potential being such a newbie, and I love seeing it come out randomly.

QOTD: "as far down that way as you can get in n hours". I love heading out and settling into the run and just wandering. My legs have taken me to some pretty awesome places.

Sandy-2

Did 10 decent miles this morning.  Then went to the gym with my DW and did about 20 minutes on the stair climber, just slow and steady walking up, kind of an intro into the program.  Then did a little core and stretching and dunked between the hot tub and cool pool.

qotd: much prefer one large loop or point-to-point.  When I'm exploring a new area while traveling, I do tend to do out-n-backs by time though.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Yesterday the hope was to do some tempo but as soon as I headed out I knew the legs didn't have it so I just stumbled out a 5 miler. Did get a nice mtn. bike in later with the troubled youth. I'm being a slug right now just drinking coffee and being lazy. I'll try again for some tempo in a bit. And yes again I will go biking later. Have to get these old legs used to these double workouts.

Sowden--Great running, great attitude.

QOTD- In an event I prefer point to point as long as a shuttle is provided otherwise a loop. Out and backs on singletrack with 250 people is just too much shoulder rubbing.

Birdwell

Morning folks! SRD for me.

QOTD: I like to see new stuff for the whole run, but I also like the start finish to be in the same place, so I guess I like loops by default.

Point to point turns into a logistical problem for me.

dpc3

Morning folks!

Got in 11 on the local trails and I am tired. Stayed up late watching a movie and had 1 or 4 beers while sitting on my butt. All in all a productive 3 days of running, ankle is feeling good so I am off to work in the yard and start to get the garden ready for plants. Have a good day all.

QOTD: I prefer loop(s), one big one or multiple work best for me.

Brian Runner

Cleared trail for a new nasty powerline climb yesterday, taking a group out this afternoon to run it

moonlightrunner

I'll run later...babysitting duty until around 6 or 7.  I am planning a 4 miler.

I am jealous of all you who seem to have so many different trails to run on.  I only have two trails in town, a 3 miler and a 4 miler. There is another trail that is about a half hour drive, and the only really good trail with lots of hills (and it is 17 miles) is 2 hours away.  All those years living in Colorado NOT running on trails...wasted!

Snow:  Your run sounds awesome.  I think if I had run any of my trails in the kind of weather you ran in i would have put in a pretty good time too!  Way to go.

qotd:  For training I prefer out and back or loop...since logistically it is the only way I can get back to my car.  For races I don't like out and back.  A slow runner like me would find it discouraging to see EVERYONE ELSE on the return when I am only very slowly making down the trail.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

G'dday,

put in 9 fast and hilly miles with my running buddy. We ran all of the hills, so my legs are tired despite the short distance. Buddy had a blast dropping me on the last mile of technical downhill - little did he know I was just being cautious not to twist my ankle on the last mile of a great run. It has just healed up from the last twister, which had left me with significant weakness in that ankle, so the last thing I needed was another twist again!

Maybe my legs are also tired because I ran 11 miles last night, with lots of hills, and a 3-mile long continuous uphill of 8% average at the end - phew! Saw a porcupine on the trail, it was a double track section there, and the poor little guy was trying to speed away from me in the other lane, not knowing what was going to happen. I finally passed him, at maybe 3 feet distance (I'm not sure who of the two of us was more scared at that point), and he was all happy he had successfully dropped me and went on his way.

After last night's run (DH and DS had spent the time biking in the state park), we went to Arby's for a late dinner - I got some strange looks when I walked in, legs all muddy, wearing short shorts and a headlamp - did I mention we were in a remote redneck and Amish area?

Two buggies passed by the restaurant, probably the folks coming home from church, or visiting relatives, I don't even want to know what they were thinking if they saw me...

But the Reuben sandwich was heavenly!

John: Have fun putting the volunteers to work!

TT: Baby geese - how cute!

muppy: Hope you'll get that cramping figured out and away!

lace: Bad view, having to look at a mountain from your kitchen window. Same here, I can relate. Too many "rest" days that I've gone out onto the trails just because of the bad view!

Snowden: Brave!

Sandy: Great workout! Dunking sounds like fun right now!

Harrier: There's really something to the saying that the older one gets, the more stubborn they are - I'm talking about your legs! Wink Why is it so much harder now than it was 20 years ago to get those legs trained properly again after a break?

Birdwell: Have a great rest day!

dpc: You should have had a 5th beer, then the 4th one would not have made you tired!

Brian: Powerline climb - why does this sound so familiarly scary to me?

moonlight: Enjoy the grandkid!

QOTD: Single long loop, or point-to-point. When I'm lucky, I get to do the point-to-point on training runs, when DH drops me off in the wilderness (I have never asked him why he does that, though - now I wonder about his motives... Evil Wink

Run for fun.

Watoni

Sort of scheduled rest day.

Coming off the Devil Mountain Double yesterday. 206 miles on the bike with 20,000 feet of climbing. Just under 13 hours riding time, 14 hours total (bonked at about mile 165 really hard and needed to take in mucho calories)

Then went to a wedding reception, danced until the wee hours, and am pretty thrashed.

QOTD: Long single loop, or point to point, though I have never gotten to do a point to point trail race yet

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ holy buckets- 206 miles AND lots of elevation!- yeah I'll give you the day off Big grin

I ran 6.5 today in a blistering 2.2 hours Smile- I brought my little Fiskars saw today and spent more time sawing than running, but it will pay off big time next time I'm out.  I discovered several more miles of "trails" the last couple of days, the only one using these trails in the last 50 years appears to be the mule deer- I can live w/ that!

qotd: loop- definitely a loop- I don't like to run over the same country in a run; I'll go way out of my way (and way off trail) just so I can make a loop- probably a character defect of some sorts Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

^ holy buckets- 206 miles AND lots of elevation!- yeah I'll give you the day off Big grin

I ran 6.5 today in a blistering 2.2 hours Smile- I brought my little Fiskars saw today and spent more time sawing than running, but it will pay off big time next time I'm out.  I discovered several more miles of "trails" the last couple of days, the only one using these trails in the last 50 years appears to be the mule deer- I can live w/ that!

qotd: loop- definitely a loop- I don't like to run over the same country in a run; I'll go way out of my way (and way off trail) just so I can make a loop- probably a character defect of some sorts Big grin

Thank you. It as an awesome ride put on by some of the best people and volunteers out there (the Quacks).

Basic concept is to ride Mt. Diablo, Mt. Hamilton (the hard way from the backside), Sierra Road (killer climb used in the Tour of California), on the most remote and hilly roads in the East Bay.

Kelly content: Hammer sponsors the ride

http://quackcyclists.com/dmd.htm

My ride data:

http://app.strava.com/activities/51094443