Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 40 times)

moonlightrunner

Good news! Surgery on my wrist friday or early next! That means a short, remove able splint I can run in! So excited. If I fall I will do so on my face...less functionality to lose.

It will be nice to have two hands to type with.

I m jealous of all your miles

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

hog4life

Daydreamer,  my wife and I love that area, we plan to retire there. Good luck on the ride!

7.4 miles before my nap, I'm back on nights starting tonight.

QOTD,  I have several upcoming runs that I'm getting excited and nervous about. The next one is a road half where I'll be pushing a stroller with the Ainsley's Angels group.

TrailTromper - I am assuming the trail system you are talking about are the MTB trails that connect Lafayetter Heritage Park, Alford Greenway, and Tom Brown Park?  That is the largest and nicest true trail system I have found in the Tallahassee area.  There is also a shorter trail system over in Maclay Gardens on the north end of town. Technically, the longest trail in Tallahassee proper is the paved St. Marks rail-trail that runs through town and dead ends at the Gulf.  If you don't mind the roads, Old St. Augustine is a beautiful 7-mile canopy road that gets little traffic and runs parallel to Appalachee Parkway (which is close to where it sounds like your house will be).  Gulf Winds Track Club is the local group in town that puts on trail and road races, which are pretty nice.  Florida doesn't have a ton of trail races compared to other states, but if you're willing to drive there are a decent amount of races in the Tampa area and further south.  Good luck with the move and welcome to Florida!

Yes, although the three I was counting were Governors Park, Tom Brown  Park, and the Alford Greenway.  My son in law is active with the Gulf Winds Track Club and I have run one of their 5Ks.

Thanks for the welcome!

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TT - Does the future house have room for a wood shop?

Yes, that was definitely one of my requirements.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TT - are you moving to FLA or purchasing a second home? Either way, good luck.

Moving.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie, it makes me so happy to hear about your runs!  Any pain?

QOTD: I leave for Arizona on Saturday.  And I have a trail race on the 21st outside of Phoenix.

I felt much worse during my 2.5 month lay off from running than I have the last month+.  I have no idea what that means.  While I don't feel great, I feel ok.  Pain is minimal but still hanging around.

Oh and a race in AZ this time of year sounds simply awesome! Have fun and take lots of pics.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Ran a somewhat slow and creaky 7 miles last night on the trails of Monocacy Hill. We ran into the gsp lady and LadyB met up with her male counterpart Hunter. Spitting images those two. It seemed they were glad to see each other. We wasted a few minutes letting them play chase. Pretty fun watching them run around. Also saw a few high school punks out on the trails with inner tubes. I guess they were sledding some of the hills. I passed them just before a slight but fun downhill. I heard one of them coming behind me on his tube. I kicked up the pace just to be sure he wouldn't catch me. Ha. I am not getting passed by a punk on a tube.

Today, 7.5 brisk bright sunny hilly miles at lunch. Surprisingly good run. Some big hills for a road run and I just seemed to cruise up them. About to head out shortly for 3 more miles with the Lady around the neighborhood.

QOTD: I am just looking forward to winter ending for the most part though that will not be happening soon enough. Trying to plan out a race in FL. Maybe DWD Green Swamp or a 12 hour trail race (Whispering Pines) in Inverness FL.

Tromper - Yes, I visit my parents in FL a few times a year and run in the Withlacoochee State Forest. It's constant up and down piney sand hills. Nothing large, but rarely flat.

DerekF - I ran Green Swamp 50k in 2009/2010. Maybe you were there? 2010 was a real wet year and due to missing some signs my 50k ended up being 36 miles or so.

Queen - I see mucho margaritas and cerveza in your future.

BoyJame - Glad you are out running again!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

"I am not getting passed by a punk on a tube."  Sounds like a philosophy!

I really should have run on the treadmill today but I drank a bunch of cheap red wine last night and lost my early morning window... so it was 2.5 miles of snowshoeing this afternoon, widening the trail

qotd: Looks like my schedule might accommodate the Whiteface trail marathon (1st in this year's skyrunning series). Not sure yet, but if so I may be able to drag a few likeminded folks along with me

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Something around 8 miles. Through the deep snow, with a cover of ice in some places, it was a drag. On the other hand, some sections were just glorious, with the snow and the sunshine.

I fell once, and you would think in the snow it was soft - nada. I fell on the ice cover...

QOTD: I'm rank 34 on the wait list of the MMT, so I'm hopeful, but not sure that I'll get in.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good evening trailers- got off work early today, so took advantage of the nice weather (first run w/o microspikes or snowshoes since November!) and got a good 14 miler in, lots of elevation gain/loss- I'm pretty sure I'll be a little sore tomorrow Smile

qotd: nothing running wise for at least a couple of months, but have several snowshoe trips planned, taking my DW on her first winter camping trip this President's Day weekend- weather looks nice and mild, I want this trip to go smoothly as she's poo-poo'd all winter trips up until now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

13ish miles of hump day hills for me today.  Still sticking to the gas roads and side streets for now.  The snow is the perfect melty/crusty break through and roll your ankle type out in the woods around here.  Serious respect for all you who are hashing it out in all that.

QOTD: Ridgway Rendezvous is right around the corner here... Biggest chainsaw carving festival in the world.  Business picks up big time and I get to spend a week with some of the most interesting people I've ever met.

Running wise, I am pretty much pumped for the entire 2015 trail race season in PA.  Finally in a place I feel confident banging out some bucket list races, and finally have enough staff at the bar where I can sneak away a couple Saturdays.  I feel like by putting that in writing, I'm somehow going to set off an epic chain of bad luck that changes that.