Trailer Trash

Sleepy Sundaily (Read 36 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

afternoon everyone, quite chilly here today (lots of wind Sad ), so I split  6 miles between the dreadmill and scaremaster

qotd: yuppers- one of my favorites is Cincinnati Chili- have never been to Cincinnati (or even Ohio), but a buddy had gone there and raved about it, found a recipe on line and indeed it was very good.  It's one of those dishes that likely your going to love or hate- it's not your normal chili and while spicy (it has over a dozen different spices in it), it's not hot (does have some cayenne in it)- it's served over pasta-yes pasta! and then you smother it w/ cheese (called one-way), cheese and onions (two-way), cheese, onions and kidney beans (three-way) or cheese, onion, kidney beans and oyster crackers (four-way)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Trail Monster

3.5 today just to make it an even 50 for the week.

QOTD: DH and I share cooking. He makes awesome chili. I make the more adventurous things like oatmeal bakes or other 'healthy' things.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

runtraildc

afternoon trailers,

After spending most of the weekend at a swim meet, I was able to get 5.5. miles in late yesterday and I am heading to the gym for strength training after my pan of blueberry crumb bars (timely qotd) gets out of the oven.

I like to bake but can do some pretty decent soups and stews.  My favorite right now is a white bean chicken chili.  I am going to make some kale, sweet potato & kale pockets tomorrow.  I like trying new recipes.

Weegee

What a day, maybe I should have stayed in bed. But, the trails were calling my name, and I had my running buddy waiting.

After driving under a downed tree leaning against a power line to get to the trailhead, I met my running buddy, and we set out. Windy and icy, but wonderful trails. Buddy got dizzy, and after a while, he tripped, fell, and hit his head on a rock badly. We managed to make an "ice pack" by putting snow between his hood and his hat to keep the swelling down. The bruise looked pretty badass, though.

On the way down, the YakTrax once more proving to provide excellent traction on the ice-glazed trails, buddy suddenly had vision problems. He is pretty tough, so when he complains, it must be really bad. So when we had reached our cars, we called his wife to come pick him up. I am worried he might have suffered a concussion from the fall.

At home, I found out that giving my youngest chocolate milk in the morning, after his battle with a stomach bug yesterday (he managed to keep us busy for hours after throwing up from the top of the carpeted stairs...), had been a bad idea. You get the picture.

And the day is barely half over yet...

Good gawd, FTYC!  I certainly hope the rest of your day is exceedingly boring.