Trailer Trash

The Ending of July Thursdaily (Read 32 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did not get up to run this morning and will be busy tonight.

QOTD:  I need my watch to figure out how far I ran this month.  It was low becuase I did  not do any long runs only runs of 4 to 7 miles.  It will definitely be under 100.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from what is becoming my normal 7.4 mile loop around the house. Lately I've been seeing a lot of deer. Only saw one today, but overall it appears that the local population is up or else they are more active this year.

QOTD: Don't have time to figure it up right now but I know it's slightly over 190 miles. It would have been over 210 but I had to bail on two long runs. One because I was sick and the other because of heat and humidity. Still 190+ miles is my best month ever.

Watoni

Hoping for a short ride and a short run today.

QOTD: Umm, 100% sure I am DFL. Due to the ankle, I ran about 20 miles this month (all last week). If I run today maybe 25. I did ride about 400, though, with about 45,000 feet of climbing. I do need new cycling shoes,after seven years. Foot is hurting this week, which is not good heading into a 200+ mile ride Saturday.

jonferg67

Endless trails

QOTD:  I need my watch to figure out how far I ran this month. 

I'll watch your figure.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I ran 10 last night, after the lightning storm, and it was very pleasant. Cool temperatures, and foggy after the rain.

I also saw many deer, so I second DD1's observation that deer are more, out and active, this year. I also saw fireflies again, which was nice at dusk. I turned the headlamp on only on the last 1.5 miles, which is road, so that cars (if any would come) could see me (but only one pickup truck passed me).

QOTD: 230 miles, which is where I wanted to be at. More than 85% of this on very steep, technical trails.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

130 miles walked. That is an awful lot. Nice. DW will say to me "why don't you just walk more?" My response is always that it is too fucking slow. However these days my pace being what it is, what's the difference? Maybe that's why I'm on the mountain bike more, at least some fast trail miles.   That is a crazy amount of walking miles.  What's your average walking pace on trails Mandy?

Nice that you guys in PA have lots of deer. In northern Wi. we supposedly had a 40% mortality rate from the brutal winter. In my observations that is probably about right. Of course southern and central Wi still have ratios over 50 per square mile. The remaining deer in the far north, while they survived still look like hell in late July. I took to dumping piles of corn out on my property so they can gain some weight before the next winter. Not good to see them looking like refugees in late summer. Usually I'm complaining there are too many deer but now I'm being a softie

Adding--I'm in a McD's in Wi Dells having to kill time. I's a real big one so I grab a diet coke and sit far away from all the morons. No one around and a bunch of empty tables all around me when of course a large family with obnoxious hooligans have to sit in the table right next to me. Really????

Occasional Runner

I also saw many deer, so I second DD1's observation that deer are more, out and active, this year.

I've been seeing more deer on my morning runs in the last week or so. I attributed it to the change in weather we've had. Our temps dropped really fast, so I figured they dropped elevation, which is what we see in the fall.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'll watch your figure.

It's actually doing pretty good...for an old lady!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice that you guys in PA have lots of deer. In northern Wi. we supposedly had a 40% mortality rate from the brutal winter. In my observations that is probably about right. Of course southern and central Wi still have ratios over 50 per square mile. The remaining deer in the far north, while they survived still look like hell in late July. I took to dumping piles of corn out on my property so they can gain some weight before the next winter. Not good to see them looking like refugees in late summer. Usually I'm complaining there are too many deer but now I'm being a softie

The deer I saw were adults,  so they must have survived the winter, which was also pretty severe and long here in PA, with lots of snow. I have not seem many young deer this spring and summer yet, but maybe they are just hiding. I saw a lot of young deer last fall, and I'm not sure if they died at a high rate, or they grew up and are today's adults?

Sorry for the morons, hope you'll get some quiet moments soon again!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

130 miles walked. That is an awful lot. Nice. DW will say to me "why don't you just walk more?" My response is always that it is too fucking slow. However these days my pace being what it is, what's the difference? Maybe that's why I'm on the mountain bike more, at least some fast trail miles.   That is a crazy amount of walking miles.  What's your average walking pace on trails Mandy?

You're telling me.  Time wise I figure that's worth around 250 miles running.  And yet I burned 1/4 of the calories of that.    As for my pace, I have no idea.  I'm always with Bella  We stop a lot.  You've been there and experienced the beast that is my dog!

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

Got another slow 10 in this am  I think Mr Jangles is getting tired with all the extra miles the last few weeks, he's been lagging behind on our last couple of runs. I think ill leave him home for a rest day tomorrow.

QOTD. 269. If I don't or can't complete my 100 in Sept it won't be from lack of tryin.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I know I am super late on this but I felt compelled to answer the QOTD: 6.5 miles.

Carry on...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday