Trailer Trash

WTF Wednesday (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

*Rant*

The WTF is because everyone is cancelling events for this weekend already in anticipation of a snowstorm. My area could get anywhere from 0-18" depending on where the storm goes. Why cancel now?  It's all a knee-jerk reaction.  Why not wait util Friday and see what might really happen. My associate doctor even wanted to close the office on Saturday  and I told him to put his big boy pants on and deal with it later.

*Rant Over*

Ok, run at lunch on the roads near the Battlefield.  A bit windy and cool, but at least today, I have the right clothes for the weather.

QOTD:  pass.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  No cancellations yet down here.  The weather forecasters have been pretty conservative in making any bold forecasts, but it seems we'll be getting some snow, maybe over a foot (which is devastating here).

In the meantime, I've turned into a non-runner so am feeling like a bit of an imposter posting here.  Haven't run since last Thursday, despite my proclamations about 'going to run X miles later'.  I am heading out the door soon for yoga- that will happen.  A run, not sure.  January was planned as a cutback month and I'm rather enjoying it as a change.

qotd:  Thought of a good one the other day, but am now drawing a blank.

LB2

2.5 mile loop this morning in the dark. I'll get 5 more after work.

QOTD: I am drawing a blank.

LB2

LB2

Here is QOTD: Does it ever piss you off when you see these "words of wisdom" as signatures on people's emails when you know they have absolutely no wisdom?

Yes. Daily. And I have to resist the urge to call them out on it.

LB2

Daydreamer1

SRD. I'm feeling like a non runner to. Was going to go out yesterday but after working in the garage all afternoon I just didn't feel like facing the wind. Don't mind the cold it's the wind. Ended up with a hard workout on the elliptical and trainer with some strength training at the end. Got the pull up bar out and did some of those. Now I'm sore.  Gotta make those a priority.

AT - I understand your rant. People frustrate me when they go nuts over just a little bit of snow. I'm really not sure why almost everyone reacts this way to snow, especially in our area. Back in the 70s and 80s we would go to school with 5-6 inches, now everything gets cancelled for a inch.

QOTD: Can't say I really ever see that. But, I do understand why that would frustrate you. It's amazing the amount of people who talk like they know everything but in reality know nothing.

LB2

AT inspired that rant-type QOTD. Thanks AT. I needed that.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Good rant AT. Though I appreciate the advanced warning from the media as I do want to hit the beer distributor before the lines form!

Ok, stupid work has interrupted my normal plan to run at lunch but the late afternoon looks good. I am not sure if it will be a road, trail, or rail trail run but I will get some miles in. The wind seems to have subsided. At least I can't hear it today sitting in my office so that is good. Twenties with no wind will feel balmy!

QOTD: I can't say it pisses me off, but I find it a little strange. At my job, are email sig-line is suppose to be just name, rank, and serial number, er, I mean phone#. Around here, or other forums I generally stick to stupid quips or something running related on my tag line.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hello Happy Runners!!!    I'm totally cool if they over react and call off work just because the media says it's going to be a big one!    But I agree with DD; seems weird that they call school and work off for so little snow. Ya live in snow country deal with it. I was shocked when I moved here and they actually called work off and still paid us!!    People often take the day off when it's suppose to snow and then get pissed because it was called off (they have to use their vacation still).

QOTD:  Seriously someone has a "words of wisdom" quote on their email?  What an asshole.  I hope when you reply you use the strike through on it.

QOTD2:  I don't know if it's where I live (we bit hippy community) , the current state of the world, or the fact that I am getting older (and my friends) that I have noticed more people sticking uplifting quotes about happiness on their emails or signs at their desk.  Are you guys seeing this too?

Shit totally forget...I didn't run today or yesterday.  Going to the gym at lunch and thinking I should run after work...but like runtrailDC said...not sure. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 before work. Beautiful running in the snow up and down the mountain. Felt good.

AT: I can relate to your rant. I can't understand why people nowadays just seem to panic when there's some snow in the forecast. Hey, it's winter, haven't you noticed yet?? And then they always quote the max. inches of snow that were on the forecast, even if that's a number for a place hundreds of miles away, like in the Rockies. 

Edit:

Sue, I haven't seen those signs yet. Seems strange. The only signs on our counters are those of the newest sandwiches. And my favorite sign, which is put up only at certain hours - the "CLOSED" sign. 

QOTD: I don't pay much attention to sigs, but I read them the first time I see them. I don't know what makes people think they have to teach the recipient of their e-mail something? Tells more about the sender, though. 

In forums, I laugh at the "wise" words. I don't like it when someone puts all their PR's or future races in their sig - what do I care? I prefer fun or silly quotes, something that makes me smile.

Run for fun.

Gator eye

I decided to clean and check the belt on the treadmill last night, unfortunately I found out the belt is starting to rip. I m spending to much time on the dang machine trying to stay warm. I ran 6 icy miles this morning and gave the machine a break.

QOTD. Nope

bagge_pants

Hi Trashers,

6 mile run on the snowy trails, ran into a girl I've seen down there before. Today she said she recognized me from a dating site then she scurried off like a squirrel before I could get her number.

QOTD: I don't care what people put on their sigs. I'd rather see a stupid quote than a web banner advertising the latest deal.

runtraildc

qotd:  somewhat related (at least to me) are the inspirational memes folks share.  The occasional one posted on FB is fine, but I have a friend who posts 10-20 every day.   Like the words of wisdom, it makes me think she needs those sayings to get her thru the day.  makes me sad.

Bagge-- interesting encounter.  Hopefully she'll send you a message or you'll run into her soon.  Maybe she was embarrassed when she heard herself say that, panicked and fled.  If she remembered you, you must have left some kind of impression.

Wandering Wally

Got 4 miles in last night. I like how I don't really need a headlamp when there is snow on the ground. Resting tonight.

AT - Interesting rant. Last week we got about 30 inches of snow in the space of 6 days. Almost everything happened as scheduled. Some school events postponed but otherwise everyone just went about their normal business.

QOTD: Meh. I don't normally read the signature part of e-mails. I skim through to look for anything expected of me, then ignore the rest.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6-ish mile run in the snow last night, only needed the lamp for the last 10 minutes, should be lamp free in about a week!  Going to get some hill repeats in this evening.

Was going to post a few pics of our cabin getaway ski in weekend, but looks like photo bucket is down for maintenance

qotd: my current job I have no emails (none!)  my last job everyone thought they needed a catchy quote- don't miss reading emails

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √