Trailer Trash

Quiet Sundaily (Read 34 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What resort do you ski at?

Just downhill skiing today.

took a break from the snowshoe trails today (been running in my cleated shoes after a morning of skiing)

QOTD: not really

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

URD today. Hangover + calf tightness....oh well.

QOTD: Several snowboarding trips planned, including 1 Poconos trip, 1-2 Vermont trips and a Utah trip in March!

Watoni

What resort do you ski at?

Our sons ski at Northstar. The good thing is that our pass works for the xc trails as well. Next week my one son has a slope style comp at Diamond Peak ...

sugnim

It's good to have you back, sugnim Smile

Thanks, Mandy. It's good to be back in the group and back running again.

Uh oh... now what?

Sunset was over an hour ago.  The wind is steady at 23 mph with gusts to 35; 48° feels like 41° and the rain is horizontal.  The voice from downstairs asks, "Do you want to go out for a while?"

Well, yeah, sure... why not?

We listened to wires that hummed both high and low as we splashed across the street; flags that flapped and snapped; signs that quivered and whistled and creaked; looked in the window at the people eating dinner in the restaurant; even paused by the pier to watch and wonder why the seagulls didn't have enough sense to get out of the...

Oh.

QOTD:  Get back to writing regularly, pick up after the wind... nothing

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Late night run today, six miles under the full moon, braving the 40 mph wind.

Strange how the wind aleays seems to know when I'm out, and when I turn around, so that it always hits me as headwind, regardless of the direction I run in.

But it was a beautiful run. At times, when the clouds opened up, the bright light of the moon came on like a spotlight, so that I could turn off the headlamp and just enjoy the night out there.

QOTD: no big plans. Kids are back in school, so it's the routine dreadmill of chores for me again. Sigh. When will Groundhog Day come around again (next stop in my calendar)? 

Run for fun.