Trailer Trash

Wacky Weather Wednesday (Read 254 times)

Scrapster

Hey, peeps.  URD for me.  Sick, sick, sick.

QOTD:  I am cautious about exploring new trails alone, as I am geographically challenged.  That's one reason I loved to run so many races. Smile

XtremeTaper

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

Hello all.... 8.5 miles for me and LadyB on the rail trail. We finished up just before greyset. THe sun hasn't shone in this part of the world for about a week now. Pretty decent run for an easy day.

QOTD: I think I have found most all of the trails worth running within a 30 mile radius. I did surprise myself a few months ago while browsing the internet and found a new township park/open space area with about 7 miles of hilly trails that I've added to my rotation for short days. It's only about 10 miles away too. I do find when I am driving around through new areas I look around at hills and woods and meadows and think about "hey that would be a good place for a trail".

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Weegee

Sorry to hear about all the soggy, sloggy weather out there.  It's bright and cold in Seattle and I had a nice little eight mile jaunt with a friend who happened to be driving through to drop his wife at the airport.  He's done Badwater a couple of times, and all we could talk about was how much we both preferred 120°F to 20°F.  Brrrrr!

QOTD:  I loves me some fresh trail!  Joseph Conrad captured it well:  "Now when I was a little chap I had a passion for maps. I would look for hours at South America, or Africa, or Australia, and lose myself in all the glories of exploration. At that time there were many blank spaces on the earth, and when I saw one that looked particularly inviting on a map (but they all look that) I would put my finger on it and say, `When I grow up I will go there.' The North Pole was one of these places, I remember. Well, I haven't been there yet, and shall not try now. The glamour's off. Other places were scattered about the Equator, and in every sort of latitude all over the two hemispheres. I have been in some of them, and . . . well, we won't talk about that. But there was one yet--the biggest, the most blank, so to speak-- that I had a hankering after."

Sandy-2

Hi.

Did a core workout at lunch today and then did 3 lite miles after work.  Felt pretty good.

qotd:  I go "exploring" all the time when I travel for work. It's great.  But I go back to the same places alot (London), so sometimes it isn't easy.

tbd.

10 on the sidewalk/streets with a digger at mile 7 due to a large doggie barking in a window, took a peek and the sidewalk reached up and tripped me, just like on the trailWink  Snow is gone and I only got 16 miles on the snowshoes;( need snow!

QOTD:  only if I go to a race out of WI.