Trailer Trash

Sweaty Sundailies (Read 34 times)

NorthernHarrier

Very nice run out at Donald this morning, followed by a great mtn. biking with my daughter at the Cam-Rock system. Pretty quiet around here - I think everyone is in northern Wi. for the wknd as usual. Also had to go to my nephews graduation party so in between all that I have been trying to pack a little so I can make my escape. Since I am so behind I'll have to pick up some groceries in the morning and pack and organize them on the fly. It's all good, no stress as I'm on my clock when I do my adventures. Smile Oh yeah, a long epic run on the docket for Tuesday in Northern Mn. on the way. Can't wait.

I might check in/post in the morning, or not and I will be MIA for about 2 weeks. Be good.

QOTD- Ha! Whatever you're buying, Duh!   I'm drinking Allagash white right now and prefer any of the Belgian wheat/whites. Some Hefeweizens and some Saisons.  Not a fan of IPA's though I have had and will consume them on occasion.  A lot of good Belgian whites out there and I usually have several varieties on hand.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Snuck in a 13 miler this afternoon. Saw a beautiful black bear. About 300-400 lbs with a very shiny coat. Unfortunately it was on the way to the trail on a major road so I couldn't stop to watch it. On the trail I ran into a Sasquatch hunter. He was about 8-10 years old and really wanted to know if I had ever seen Sasquatch. Seemed like he was into the Sasquatch hunting show on Animal Planet. Based on where he and his family were on the trail, they were going to get in a good 5 mile hike in today so while it was amusing at least he was getting exercise.  Now it's back to work again for the night.

QOTD: I don't really like alcohol in any form therefore I have no favorite drinks, beer or otherwise.

Wow!

I would have sold the bear to the little guy as a Sasquatch... Evil  Fun to see how kids get all excited with their imagination. Could be my 5-year-old in a few years from now!

Run for fun.

Low_O2

Got out for a nice 4.2 mile hike with a touch over 1,000ft of gain this evening with the dog and DS in his backpack. Took a trail I have always driven past and it ended up being pretty nice with some nice connection possibilities, I'm going to have to go back for a run to check it out further. Probably jump on the road bike tomorrow for some miles to give the knee a break.

jbyram2 - Nice job finishing the 50K!

Looking forward to reading some race reports from this weekends racers!

Chnaiur

Easy five today. Bought two pairs of new shoes on Friday, and after two runs in them my feet already feel much better.

QOTD: San Francisco is my adopted home town, and also has my favorite beer: Anchor Steam.

(There is a specialty beer that I like better, but I can't seem to get hold of it these days: Allagash Musette. That one feels more like a great Bordeaux in complexity than a beer though, so it is no wonder I didn't think of it first.)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k