Trailer Trash

Sunshine Sundaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning Trail Folk!

The sun is shining and it was a very pleasant 15 degrees with very little wind chill. Did 3 miles with The Pointer. It was rough going on the chopped up, snowy trail. It was nice to get out..finally. Some old guy at the trail head asked me if I was married...when I said no...he asked for my name and number. Pretty sure hewas my dad's age. I politely declined and headed to my car. Guy must be lonely...but he did have a nice dog so he's not all alone.

Qotd: Do you have vacation plans this winter? Somewhere you go to defeat the winter doldrums?

For me...no. I am stuck in the snow here until the spring thaw. But I dream of brown trails and warmer weather!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had a great 10 mile trail run this morning. I did a longish run on the

roads yesterday to see if I'd be able to do a February road marathon, not

gonna happen, I'm not acclimated to running long on pavement. I was

sore today from yesterdays run, that doesn't happen when I stick with trails.

QOTD: No vacation plans, but I do get as much sunshine as possible this

time of year (in between the snow, rain and clouds of course).

Lace: did you post a review of the Osprey 1.5 recently, can't remember where I

read about it. I'm ditching my Nathans pack as soon as I can upgrade.

NorthernHarrier

Waiting a little yet to get out, hoping to run long for me with about 16-17. I have been failing this winter in getting my distance work in.

Had a good snowshoe hike and jog yesterday with Mandy while it was snowing, very pretty scenes. I'll have to get out there doing that again as it was a fun and good workout.

QOTD-Well, if I can get confident in my ability to run some long distance again I hope to head to the Smokies in late March for a few days and either do an epic run in there or head over to do a long loop of the Linville Gorge in N.C. But I have to get some good training runs in first. Saying and doing aren't coming together right now. 

Should add that even though this has been a bad winter so far I still can deal with it by x-country skiing and snowshoeing, etc. No real doldrums but I would never turn down a tropical vacation either.

Occasional Runner

Went on a 7 miles trail run with friends, then we all went to brunch for food and beers. Good times!

QOTD: I try to spend a lot of time in AZ during the winter. I love running down there.

Jon- Here's my review from Gear Junkie.

http://gearjunkie.com/osprey-rev-15-hydration-pack-review

Marley and I did a pleasant 4 miles of trail this morning.

QOTD:  Not completely a vacation, but heading to Tallahassee in a couple weeks to help DD and DSIL with some stuff.  It will double as a winter getaway.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Did this today.  Here's my race report...

Lined up with lots and lots of runners, running at the pace I wanted right away, took a few lefts and rights, ran on concrete.  It was 50* at the start and warmed up to about 65* or so at the finish, full sun, tons of people way over dressed.  Very flat and we finished where we started.  I was ok until about mile 23 or so and then it felt like I was running in quicksand, it was kind of funny, I was pushing but simply kept slowing down. I was kinda laughing and smiling, no surprise, just couldn't go.  I think since it was 6 weeks since my 100 miler my old-timer legs sort of revolted.  I was keeping pace with those around me though.

Finished in 3:48:05

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Afternoon, Trailers, Finished my 5 morning miles 12 hours ago. It was fun, 12 degrees, and snowing, but very pleasant with no wind. Sandy: Congratulations, great time! QOTD: no plans. But I'm looking forward to spending a few days in early spring in the DC area - hopefully a break from the eternal PA winter!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Afternoon, folks!  Got in just under 5 earlier with a running buddy coming back after having a baby.  It was good to catch up (and have some company on the trails).

Sandy- congrats on the road marathon and a great time!

qotd:  Nope, nothing as of yet.  Winter is not rough here in DC.   My daffodils are already showing some green and I saw some early blooming bulbs at a neighbors earlier this week.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 10 yesterday in 90 minutes so pretty fast and was a little sore this morning on the hamstrings.  Did 22 today and felt sluggish until I hit the 11 mile mark turned around and realized I was mostly climbing going out.  My goal was to run a back to backish run because I will be in Michigan the next two weekends and have a feeling I will slack on the running...which brings me to...

QOTD:  The only winter vacation I have is to go to Northern Michigan next weekend for a week.  I wouldn't call that an escape especially when it's currently 65 and sunny.  Perfect running weather.  Where I ran today should be under at least 5 feet of snow...not good for California. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got another 10 miles in today, ran the opposite direction as yesterday (a little tougher climb today)- trails are solid ice, but the microspikes make it feel like running on dry ground Smile

qotd: no vacation, but am headed to Glenco, GA for training mid-March and am sure I'll enjoy the warm weather (do have vacation plans for April, but that's Spring Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Coast ride on the bike .... 32 at home, 70 by the time we hit the coast .... crazy

Did not feel great so ran 3.5 miles after a nap Wink

QOTD: We might ski in CO or UT ... otherwise weekend trips, if anything