Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 33 times)

LB2

LB2: I am eying at the Pinhoti... 

I plan to go back if it doesn't cause too much trouble at the house. If it does, I'll probably do Cajun Coyote 100 miler, but I really like the point to point races. I like the mindset you have to have for them better than the loops. Although, loops require a particular mindset that can be just as difficult, if not more so, than the point to points. I have more fear of point to point courses, and I like being a little scared.

LB2

Daydreamer1

There was supposed to be a easy 7-8 mile run in the plans today but shopping got in the way.  We had a bunch of things that we needed to get and other issues to take care of so after 11 separate stops we finally got home.  Now I'm just thinking of a balance workout on the BOSU followed by a session on the elliptical.

QOTD: Hyner for sure, most likely the 25k.  After that I'm not real sure, but I would like to go back and finish Call of the Wilds Marathon. For some reason I feel the need to run by the snake den .

Other ones I've been looking at:

Tussey Teaser Series - Since it seems I always work on those weekends It probably won't work out.

Tussey Mountainback - This is high on the list.

Oil Creek 100k - This depends on which weekend it is or what I do with the Tussey Mountainback.

Rothrock 30k is high on my list but it will occur the weekend after I get back from Vacation and I'm scheduled to work.

Greenwood Furnace 1/2 marathon

Dam 1/2 or full marathon - I train on that course a lot and love it but won't take off work to do it.

Then I've also been thinking about trying a triathlon or two. Decisions, decisions.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Watoniiiii!!!

Are you doing this on purpose? You know, it could be seen as child abuse. 

Hoping your recovery will go fast. Is the Achilles ruptured?

UID (unscheduled injury day) -- In a freak accident, my 9 year-old -- the same one who freestyle skis and has soccer footwork I never had -- tripped when he was walking behind me into the polling station yesterday. He managed to slam right into my sore ankle, it twisted, my Achilles yanked, and I ended up in a pile on the floor. I think my recovery horizon is a bit longer now ....

QOTD: Well, setting aside this latest setback Wink A lot will depend on my mom's health, but I have started fantasizing about 2015 being a year of great trail racing.

Thoughts thus far:

2/7/2015 Sean O'Brien 100km -- lots of elevation gain (about 14,000 feet), not too far to travel

March/April is interesting -- I have really thought about doing Transgrancanaria in early March -- I would need to be in killer shape by SOB for that.

Otherwise I would really like to do the Zion 100 in April.

After that I need some races -- not doing WS, Lavaredo is sold out -- a nice June or July 100-miler would be nice

The Bear hopefully in the fall

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Crazy busy with work and apartment hunting here.  Ended up with me taking "SRDs" on Mon and Tues.  On Wed I had to get a run in after work.  Ended up going up the big hill in the dark, it was nice an almost full moon and I had a handheld for those dark spots.  All-in-all a nice 6 miler.

Today (Thurs) I'm also going to run after work, but I go along the water to do some "flat miles".

BTW, the first apartment I selected fell through because the owner decided she didn't want to move after-all, so fingers crossed on the 2nd choice.  Hope to settle it today or tomorrow.  Also, I got my new car this week, nice wheels.

One of these days I'll post some photos.

qotd: If the UTMF in Japan ever figures out what day they are going to hold the run, I'm hoping to do it.  (It's typically in April, but they are not sure of next year's date yet.)  I'm also in the lottery for Hardrock in July.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

Watoniiiii!!!

Are you doing this on purpose? You know, it could be seen as child abuse. 

Hoping your recovery will go fast. Is the Achilles ruptured?

I do not think it is ruptured .... I can walk and even jog a few steps with it taped. last night it was bad ....

As for abuse, I know!!! He felt so badly, and I just said it was already injured and was likely to happen anyway -- that, and lots of hugs and reassurance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in the dark, had one really close call

QOTD--  While I am currently entered in an event in Montana for summer I am now looking at a very challenging mountain 50k with generous cutoffs the week before. That is a real possibility if I can drop a few pounds. My last hurrah I'm thinking. Who knows?!

Even not being much of a racer these days it is still fun looking at the event calendars.

Al- the race is open now for registration, I'm in 

Mike

qotd: signed up for one race, and have a few more that as soon as they're open I'll sign up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a nice 5.4 tonight.  Saw the sunset and stared at the fulll moon for a couple of minutes.  Made me think how when you run at dawn ir disk you get to see a sunrise or a sunset.  Extra special.

QOTD:  my personal life is a bit screwed up right now..so I may either go crazy and sign up for some major distance challenges this coming year or just run for fun.  Ask me again in a couple of months.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

6 miles in the dark, had one really close call

Al- the race is open now for registration, I'm in 

Mike

qotd: signed up for one race, and have a few more that as soon as they're open I'll sign up

OK  dude I took the plunge. I really don't want to be an ultra runner these days but it just looks too epic to pass up. I think I'll hold off telling DW for awhile.  S'pose this means I actually have to train a little.    55k now. Bonus miles!  Should be fun.