Trailer Trash

120 Mile Trail Relay ? (Read 64 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Saw this site on Trail Runner magazine's FB page for a new series called Ragnar Trail Relays.  You can have 4 or 8 person teams.  The Ultra entry is for 4 people who each run 6 loops total.  Each leg starts and ends at central camp location, so logistics would be easy.  I've done road relays, and the hardest part was the transportation from leg to leg.

The WV relay might fit my schedule

Ragnar Trail Relay

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Looks awesome! Only one east coast location though.  Hmmm.  Seems a little pricey but maybe not considering it includes three nights of camping (and S'Mores!).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Trail Monster

If you decide to go for it and need another person I'm only a couple hours from WV. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Irish Luck

The husband and I are seriously considering doing it as part of the ultra team. We shall see how this goes.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

I'm seriously considering the WV one. I talked with a couple friends yesterday who might want to go, but I'd definitely be interested  if anyone here wants to form a team. Not sure how committed my friends really are.

I've never done a road relay but the van concept always kind of deterred me. This eliminates that hassle. Camping + trail running + smores....sign me up!

Irish Luck

I'm seriously considering the WV one. I talked with a couple friends yesterday who might want to go, but I'd definitely be interested  if anyone here wants to form a team. Not sure how committed my friends really are.

I've never done a road relay but the van concept always kind of deterred me. This eliminates that hassle. Camping + trail running + smores....sign me up!

Absolutely this...and, the fact that you are more than likely running solo on the roads. What I like about the course map is that you seem to run a 3-leaf clover, which requires you to come back to base as you head out on each loop (8 person or 4 person team).

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

I would LOVE to do this as an ultra team....not sure my friends could hack it though. The guy who could, is unavailable Roll eyes

AT-runner

Tim

DW is on board for WV race in June.  We love to camp and this sounds like some fun.  We might have a 4 person team, I'll know soon.  Price is on the high side, but camping for 3 nights is included.  Price doesn't go up until 2/28, so I may wait to register.

I'll post this on PA Trails group.  It would be great to get a couple of teams together.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

That looks like a very cool event, but it is the same weekend as the Laurel Highlands Ultra and less than an hour away.  Sad

Weegee

That looks like a very cool event, but it is the same weekend as the Laurel Highlands Ultra and less than an hour away.  Sad

Yeah, from what I understand that's kind of the new Ragnar model.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Yeah, from what I understand that's kind of the new Ragnar model.

Scheduling events locally to and on top of other events?    Seems stupid to me.

AT-runner

Tim

The Trail Guide is out now.

I messaged head honcho for WV date and asked about scheduling.  He said "Ultra Category" is always smaller and most runners are in 8 person teams, so he didn't think they would be competing with the Laurel Highlands runner pool and tried to stay away from 50k dates.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

The Trail Guide is out now.

I messaged head honcho for WV date and asked about scheduling.  He said "Ultra Category" is always smaller and most runners are in 8 person teams, so he didn't think they would be competing with the Laurel Highlands runner pool and tried to stay away from 50k dates.

Wonder if they are aware that the Laurel Ultra has a 50 K option and a Team relay event?