Trailer Trash

Muddy Monday (Read 20 times)

bagge_pants

At work, eating oatmeal and feeling great. I really enjoyed the last week of running. I also reached out to the farm i worked on last year and told them i want to work again from May to Sept. And my buddy will sell me his volvo wagon for 200$. Now i just need to stay at work another month or so to get the huge employee discounts!

Will probably weight train today and ski tomorrow.

Hope the monday isn't too drab. Run on.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

At work, eating granola and Greek yogurt for lunch. 6 hours down, two to go, then I'm free again. Now if I just wasn't so tired...

Planning on on a few miles before the snow hits. No major accumulation expected, though.

QOTD: How has winter been so far in your area? Ready for spring, or still waiting for more winter?

Run for fun.

muppy

5.2 miles last night.

QOTD Winter  has been very mild in Central PA. We've had one 30 inch snowstorm and 1" of snow another day.  They are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow and after that it supposed to get cold,  highs in the 20s and single digit lows, so right  where it should be this time of year.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. Legs need a rest day. Beat them up pretty good the last two days on hills.

Bagge - What kind of farm did you work on?

QOTD: One big snow that is almost all gone and it's been slightly warmer than normal.  Spring can't come soon enough. Hopefully se will see some green in another 3-4 weeks.

Gator eye

Drank way to much football last night, when the alarm went off I just rolled over and never even gave running this am a serious thought.

QOTD: Winters has been really mild so far but it looks like we have a cold and snowy spell coming our way. Spring can't come soon enough.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm taking the day off...didn't sleep well last night...don't know why.  Didn't sleep well this morning..when I did get up my Achilles were tight and sore.  The thought of running fast(which is my dogs pace for the first 1/2 mile) on pavement did not seem appealing.  It's cardio day at gym; so I always skip that day.  MAYBE>>>a night run. 

QOTD:  Winter hasn't been bad.  We hit 70 yesterday so almost thinking winter is over.

Gator eye:  It was a boring game..which explains why you drank too much.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

bagge_pants

daydreamer - diversified organic vegetable/chicken/pig. Pretty large at about 20 acres of crops on a 100+ acre farm. It would be my third summer.

Qotd - unusually warm

NHLA

9 miles around the mt. Starting to get my legs back. qotd only one bad storm so far but more cold and snow comming. Winter can't end soon enough for me.
                  runtraildc

Hi all, rest day for me, though I don't know what I'm really resting from.  I'll get a strength workout in later at the gym.

Bagge-- how is the snow up there?  We were thinking about a spring ski trip over break, but the season hasn't seemed to have taken off and I don't know if it will be worth it  mid-March.  My sister is down in SW NH, not far from Okemo.  Killington and the Whites aren't too far, either.

qotd:  Very mild, except for one big snowstorm.  Heard the birds outside this morning and it seemed very spring-like.  I see daffodil greens poking thru the ground.  In 4 weeks, give or take, the early ones will be blooming so spring really is not that far away for us

AT-runner

Tim

Dealing with staff shit all day after having an employee steal some money ($150 that we know about).  We suspected her, but had no proof,  so I asked her and she denied it and then I said I'd have to check the security tapes (which we don't have) and she got all white and confessed. Only the second employee I have fired in 27 years. She is the cousin of another girl who works for me, so came she highly recommended. Now I have to scramble and get a new hire in ASAP.  It takes a few months to learn the computer system so many headaches for a while. 

No time for run today, but I could sure use one.

QOTD:  See previous PA trail runners replies. We're supposed to get 4-6" of snow tonight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a challenging 16 mile run yesterday- microspikes, snowshoes and post holing 

strength training this evening

qotd: pretty close to normal, but we need more snow in the mountains, pack is starting to go in the wrong direction

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

Rest day today. Got 5 miles in on Saturday; 6 miles on Sunday.

QOTD: Winter has been mild so far. It didn't even really show up until the week after Christmas. We've got our share of snow, but it's been warm and melty the last few days. I'm ready for the snow to completely melt away.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi up on the mountain yesterday.  Nice run at dusk followed by a little handheld light bombing the downhill.  This morning I did 10 mi on the flat hike/bike path.  Chilly and very windy this morning, fighting against the wind on the way out and then cruzing down wind on the way back.

qotd: Winter here started out mild but then turned cold (normal). It's still cold here and typically windy since we're on the coast.  I'm loving running in the winter, as opposed to the TX "winters", I'm ok if it stays around for a while.

No snow, but here are the trails in winter, some early morning photos I took a week or so ago.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL